Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HAVANA
MartinP

RE: HAVANA

Thanks Dai
It wasn't the cost that was my concern as I have already spent more than I should have done on bits!
It's good to know that you are pleased with the effect it gives and you think that it looks good with Ambience as that is the interior I am going with.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
30-01-2012 01:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BMG
Banned

Having recently seen Havana on a JLR car transporter, I think the colour looks extremely well...

We have an unregistered "mega spec" Dynamic 5-door arriving this week in to stock... The car has additional paintwork coding including the "20" Gloss Black Factory Fitted Alloy Wheels".

It looks stunning!
04-02-2012 02:18pm
MartinP

That's reassuring BMG...can't wait to see one myself.
Saw a white dynamic with black gloss wheels in Cardiff today and it didn't really look that good although the poor weather conditions and the fact it was filthy didn't help.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
04-02-2012 08:22pm
Evo-king

(04-02-2012 02:18pm)BMG Wrote:  Having recently seen Havana on a JLR car transporter, I think the colour looks extremely well...

We have an unregistered "mega spec" Dynamic 5-door arriving this week in to stock... The car has additional paintwork coding including the "20" Gloss Black Factory Fitted Alloy Wheels".

It looks stunning!

I take it you will be posting Pics.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-02-2012 08:23pm
BMG
Banned

(04-02-2012 08:23pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I take it you will be posting Pics.

Will do! I do have a few pictures now but they are slightly out of focus so unfortunately I will have to keep you in suspense...
04-02-2012 08:27pm
swabes

Seriously thinking of placing an order for a 5 door Prestige SD4 Lux on style 6 wheels in Havana with Ambiance interior tomorrow. Any Havana pics would be great. Was toying with the Spirit tan interior but seeing the same tan leather in a Jag today has changed my mind.
04-02-2012 08:41pm
BMG
Banned

(04-02-2012 08:41pm)swabes Wrote:  Seriously thinking of placing an order for a 5 door Prestige SD4 Lux on style 6 wheels in Havana with Ambiance interior tomorrow. Any Havana pics would be great. Was toying with the Spirit tan interior but seeing the same tan leather in a Jag today has changed my mind.

I would recommend Style 7s as they are far more subtle with Havana. Havana and Ambiance works very well indeed.
04-02-2012 08:49pm
MartinP

Hi Swabes and welcome
I have gone for almost the same spec as you are considering apart from the wheels - I am opting for the style 5 standard option as they look better in reality than in photos. There are a few pictures of Havana on this site but I am waiting for the chance to see a car in the flesh to reassure myself on my choice .

04-02-2012 09:50pm
swabes

(04-02-2012 09:50pm)MartinP Wrote:  Hi Swabes and welcome
I have gone for almost the same spec as you are considering apart from the wheels - I am opting for the style 5 standard option as they look better in reality than in photos. There are a few pictures of Havana on this site but I am waiting for the chance to see a car in the flesh to reassure myself on my choice .

Yep - its tough when you cant actually see one! I spent ages in a Dealer yesterday with the colour sample looking at in in all lights and at all angles. One minute its black, then brown, then bronze and now and then a bit purple! I'm hoping that with all the angles and creases on an Evoque it should be quite something - almost (but not quite) like a TVR I once had Smile One of the things putting me off the standard Prestige wheels is that they look like a lot of work to clean. Also I'm struggling to decide on whether to spec the Magnaride dampers - maybe I need another test drive - maybe when there's less snow on the ground though.
05-02-2012 12:31pm
MartinP

I did something similar even took the colour plaque round the car park to see it in different lights. I think it was the bronze tones that swung it for me but there are a number of different colours involved. Guess that's how they justify the premium price ticket!

05-02-2012 08:35pm