Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Went To Dealer Today To Configure Cars!!
The Valeter

Went To Dealer Today To Configure Cars!!

Went to my dealer this afternoon as I had recieved an offer on mine that I am thinking about. I thought about going the PURE route with less tech that I have found I don't use & was not convinced about the 825 audio that I have in mine.
I specced up a 5 door Pure SD4 manual in Havanna with contrast Silver roof. I added Tech Pack, Style Pack, Xenons, Privacy Glass, Cirrus Interior, Ebony headlining. Price came out to £37,280 & the salesman advised on that basis one would be more sensible to go the Prestige route. I then priced a 5 door Prestige SD4 manual in Havanna/contrast Silver roof, Couture Interior (Ivory & Dark Cheery Oxford leather), Macassar wood, Privacy Glass. Comes out £2600 dearer but you get the Oxford leather & other minor spec differenced but resale would obviously be better.
I also took in a CD to play in a nice Prestige in the showroom that had the 380W systen & that brought on another dilema which was that I did notice a difference & one that I know would bug me if I went down now from the 825W that I have.

Incidentally the Prestige they have in the showroom was almost a suitable spec for me - Prestige 5 door SD4 manual in Santorini Black, Ambience (Ivory Oxford) leather interior, Panoramic roof & the 19" Diamond Turned wheels. It is priced at just over £40K. I also noted to the salesman that it had Keyless entry that he was unaware of so is not priced in!!
Question is what to do? I wonder if I will regret parting with mine?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
24-09-2012 10:30pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

RE: Went To Dealer Today To Configure Cars!!

Personally I would stick with the dynamic, it's a nice spec and colour and matches the rest of your fleet.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
25-09-2012 01:12am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

As You know I have the Prestige with the Lux pack and believe me its a cracker. Everyone comments on it and it is so comfortable on a long drive.
My dealer was also wise in advising to go with the lux pack rather than add ons as it enhances the trade value later as being a recognisable spec.
Cheers - good to see you at Gaydon

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
25-09-2012 09:50am
DaveR

I had the Prestige with added pan roof/ spare wheel/ auto dim RVM / Surround Cam and despite the good spec traded it in for a Prestige with Lux pack (plus heated steering wheel & spare wheel). despite the ££ it cost me to change i don't regret it one bit. I orignally talked myself out of the lux pack but it is what i really wanted.

My Lesson learned, when I am spending that much I need to go for exactly what I want, don't comprise!
25-09-2012 10:36am
The Valeter

Guys you could well be right. I love techy gismos etc even though lots don't get used & in my case I havn't used them all & given I use the car for work and often open/close the doors this (I think) caused a dead battery twice so I thought a lesser tech car may help.
One reason I got the Lux was due to me wanting a couple of the features within that pack and the salesman advising go Lux for resale!!
I love my car as it is & really only thought about selling due to being told that Asian buyers are paying very strong money for nearly new Si4 models which could mean getting a new car for losing very little on mine.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
25-09-2012 10:42pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply