Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Fuel economy , finally a big improvement
Evo-king

RE: Fuel economy , finally a big improvement

Mark.

You had better keep us all posted then.

I've found their website, do you need to specify the vehicle or is this a universal device?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
14-08-2012 11:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jonathon555

It is vehicle specific for connectors and map.

But may be able to have the connectors changed and map changed to fit other applications.

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
(This post was last modified: 15-08-2012 07:07am by Jonathon555.)
15-08-2012 07:02am
vinda

Anyone tried and tested these. Do you just remove before taking ur car to the dealers for a service?
16-08-2012 02:16am
pureevoque

mines been on for a couple of months now and no problems, no economy improvement but that's because it's much more fun to drive now Smile

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
16-08-2012 07:12am
Zesty314

(10-08-2012 08:55pm)Jonathon555 Wrote:  I have no affiliation at all with this company .

I popped down to there garage the other day after seeing an advert on the net. I have used lots of economy / tuning boxes from a variety of companies on all of my diesel cars.

I phoned them first to ask a few questiJons first , they answered them to my satisfaction so i decided to call round.

The box they supplied me took 2 mins to fIt , cr tech 2 multimap which has been preset for economy rather than power. It still gives a good torque boost and makes the car effortless on the motorway.

I knew that from experience the cars mpg readout would be fooled by fitting one of these modules. Because of the way they work. I ran a similar box on my last audi with dpf for 92,000 miles with no issues at all.

So i used the milage readout and a calculator to see if it really did anything

Well after 441 miles being the max milage from 55 ltrs as standard , i had a bench mark.

I fitted the box the last tank did 510 miles out of 54.78 ltrs
The computer recconex 45 mpg , caculator says 42.26

The box is made by http://www.bluesparkautomotive.com/

Its a 2 minute job to fit and is fully adjustable for economy or power

If you look on ebay there are many similar boxes

I just fitted one of these to our Kuga - if it does make a difference I will get another for the Evoque once it arrives.

Initial impression on a 10 min blast down the motorway is an immediately noticeable increase in low down torque. Not sure if it will increase mpg but can see how it would allow you to carry a higher gear for longer, which may bring mpg benefits.

Taking a 700 mile run up to Aberdeen next week so will see if it improves the mpg. Last time I took the Kuga on the same trip it returned 40 mpg and a range of 550 mile to the tank.

Cheers

Mark H

Delivered Nov 12: 5 door Pure SD4 Auto, OG with black contrast roof, almond/espresso interior, 20 inch black style 6 wheels, fogs and privacy....oh and a real spare.
16-08-2012 09:23pm
vinda

Just ordered 1. Looked at the instructions. Says once fitted, turn the key but don't switch the ignition on. How did you guys do this? Just push the button without pressing the brake down?
Oh. And which map do you guys use. And have you turned the power up/down?
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2012 03:57pm by vinda.)
17-08-2012 03:56pm
Jonathon555

(17-08-2012 03:56pm)vinda Wrote:  Just ordered 1. Looked at the instructions. Says once fitted, turn the key but don't switch the ignition on. How did you guys do this? Just push the button without pressing the brake down?
Oh. And which map do you guys use. And have you turned the power up/down?

I just pushed the button without putting the clutch down

Checked the box was lit up then fired it up

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
17-08-2012 05:22pm
vinda

(17-08-2012 05:22pm)Jonathon555 Wrote:  I just pushed the button without putting the clutch down

Checked the box was lit up then fired it up

Jthankss. I'll try tomorrow
18-08-2012 12:34am
vinda

Thanks guys. Just fitted mine. Bit fiddly. Got the warning light at first. Turned down the power setting and was fine. Turned back to default now. Better response from stationary. Not sure about high end tho as I don't really thrash it. Only went on a 19 minute drive. Will update if any problems or progress. Especially with mpg
Oh by the way. Where have you guys secured the box?
(This post was last modified: 18-08-2012 01:58pm by vinda.)
18-08-2012 01:10pm
swabes

Any updates on performance / economy from those who have recently had one fitted - seriously tempted...

Ordered 5-2-12 - Collected 23-5-2012
5 door Prestige SD4 Lux in Havana/Ambiance, AD, S6 wheels, Spare wheel
Current: FL Sport, 2 Fiat 500s, MX-5
[Image: 130338.png]
27-08-2012 01:25pm