Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Fuel economy , finally a big improvement
cjfp

RE: Fuel economy , finally a big improvement

Bodly - check these thread

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Evoque-Tuning-Remap-Chip

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Tuning-box

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 08:24pm by cjfp.)
12-08-2012 08:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zesty314

Just ordered one of the 'bluespark' units to try out on our other car - Kuga 2.0 TDCI. Will see if it makes any difference to that before considering putting one on the Evoque........when it eventually arrives.

Cheers

Mark H

Delivered Nov 12: 5 door Pure SD4 Auto, OG with black contrast roof, almond/espresso interior, 20 inch black style 6 wheels, fogs and privacy....oh and a real spare.
12-08-2012 08:55pm
Jonathon555

(12-08-2012 08:55pm)Zesty314 Wrote:  Just ordered one of the 'bluespark' units to try out on our other car - Kuga 2.0 TDCI. Will see if it makes any difference to that before considering putting one on the Evoque........when it eventually arrives.

Cheers

Mark H

What unit have you ordered ?

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
12-08-2012 09:25pm
jojosr

Here is my experience with tunning box - Racechip. As I wanted it for my new upcoming Evoque, I firtly want to try it on my old car - Chevy Captiva, 2.0 diesel, manual gear.
Must say, power improvement is high. Car has better torgue, fuel economy is the same, maybe slightly better, but nothing special.
On other hand, after about 2.000 km, in the middle of Tuscany (on my holiday), the control light of "Particle filter" started to blink. I was pretty nervous about it, so I put the chip off and after two nervous days, the control light stopped to blink.
When comming home, I put the chip on again. And again, the power gain is marvelous.
But anyhow, I am not sure, if I will buy chip on my new Evouque, comming in October. Maybe remapping, if I will not be satisfied with power and torgue.

Ordered: 2.3.2012:
RRE Prestige SD4 AT, Barolo Black, Spirit/Macassar/Ivory/Espresso Oxford Leather Interiour, Black Pano roof, Privacy Glass, AUX Heating, Heated seats and Wheel, Tech pack.
Delivered: 19.9.2012
[Image: 151832.png]
12-08-2012 11:26pm
Jonathon555

The emissions light will normally come on in any car if you are trying to add too much juice .

If you turn the box down to a reasonable level the light will rapidly clear.

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
12-08-2012 11:43pm
Zesty314

(12-08-2012 09:25pm)Jonathon555 Wrote:  What unit have you ordered ?

Bluespark CR Tech2 Multimap

Cheers

Mark H

Delivered Nov 12: 5 door Pure SD4 Auto, OG with black contrast roof, almond/espresso interior, 20 inch black style 6 wheels, fogs and privacy....oh and a real spare.
12-08-2012 11:44pm
NightFox

As well as making sure there aren't going to be any warranty issues, always remember insurance when it comes to tuning boxes or remapping - You may be tweaking for improved economy rather than extra boy racer power, but if your insurance company get one sniff of any performance change that you haven't told them about, you can bet that they'll use it to their advantage.

A lot of these boxes can be removed without a trace, which is easy to remember when you take your car in for a service; but not always when you've just crawled out of your £45k write-off Shocked

I'm not saying that the insurance company would necessarily even look for or find any box or evidence of tuning, but it's a chance you'd have to take. Be interesting to hear if anyone has asked their insurers about retuning for economy, and what they've said back.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
(This post was last modified: 13-08-2012 10:55am by NightFox.)
13-08-2012 10:50am
Jonathon555

I have fully declared the use of the economy module, the insurance have noted it on the policy. No additional charge in my case.

Always declare, its worth it in the long run

13-08-2012 11:01am
Kentboy

(12-08-2012 04:30pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Poor diesel quality is a problem outside Europe Kentboy, even in the USofA they cannot make diesel of good enough quality for many European Diesel engines to run on and "city" ultra low sulphur diesel is almost unheard of outside of Europep and Australia/NZ. Whenever LR sends new models out to drive across Europe/Russia to the far east they are always V8 petrol engined versions as they are less problematical with poor quality diesel fuel. I was offered an office job in the US just after taking delivery of a BMW engined FFRR TD6 after a lot of communications with LR they advised to leave it in the UK as no LR mechanics in the USA would know how to service the car!

Thanks Tim, I am learning all the time and it may be worth £150 and give it a go.

Regards

John

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
13-08-2012 11:17am
Mark

Just fitted one of these;

Bluespark CR Tech2 Multimap

Took about half an hour, was the first attempt though;

Initial impression? AWESOME.........

Went for a test drive, so much more power, and no more "1 second heart in the mouth waiting for a response from the accelerator" at a junction (if you know what I mean), with a bit of luck there will be the added fuel bonus too.... hope so..... 32mpg from my diesel is painful.....
14-08-2012 08:16pm