Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Freebies
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Freebies

LR used to give every buyer, new car or used, a free LRE half day that could be upgraded to a full day for extra cost but so few people actually went on the free courses that they stopped and left it up to the dealerships to give out the invites. They are not free to the dealerships either, they cost them as much as you or I would pay, so if you got one free you have had a good "freebie".

BTW The LRE's are not owned by Land Rover, they are 3rd party owned OffRoading Centres who have rebranded under the LRE banner and who get discounted cars through LR. The LRE cars IIRC remain with the LRE for 9-12 months or until there is a facelift/ new model year when they replace their cars. They then get sold on via dealerships. Apart from some very minor mods they are also showroom spec cars, so if you are buying an ex-demo Indus Silver Evoque take a good long hard look underneath as it could be an ex-LRE car!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2011 03:16pm by XFullFatTim.)
07-10-2011 03:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xxxx5

I also got Jack £$%^ and also have nothing to show for my £2k deposit!
The way my dealer performs I will be lucky to a tax disc holder or even a paperclip to keep my papers together at handover. Laughing

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2011 03:23pm by xxxx5.)
07-10-2011 03:22pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I didn't even get a rear screen dealership sticker out of my dealership but I did get a free babyRR.com sticker from them! And the sales manager even stuck it on the screen for me. I'm not sure if dealers stick their label on the rear window these days as they have to put their name on the number plates if they make them up.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2011 03:34pm by XFullFatTim.)
07-10-2011 03:32pm
DDX

Got sweet FA. And I specced premium mats so nothing for them to chuck in there. A full tank on collection and a non dealer keyring will do me nicely

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
07-10-2011 04:00pm
swimfanuk

I had forgotten about the LR Experience. I got a half day voucher from my dealer as well as the other bits and I am going on Wednesday 26th October to Honiton and have managed to get their Evoque.

Range Rover Evoque Pure Tech SD4 Coupe, Fuji White with Ebony Leather, 19" Style 3 Alloys and Xenons - arrived 4th October 2011 Very Happy
07-10-2011 04:15pm
M.I.B

Got a set of Mud Flaps and an Experience Day.Very Happy
07-10-2011 05:42pm
bennno

I got a lot off due to dealer order then factory build cock ups
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2011 05:49pm by bennno.)
07-10-2011 05:45pm
xxxx5

bennno - well done Bow down

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
07-10-2011 05:50pm
Evoque U

My wife and i got a trip to the UK factory in Halewood to see the Evoques being made, our dealers in OZ rock.

LaughingLaughingSurprisedLaughing

Just joking, we got tinted windows, premium mats, and rear rubber boot mat.

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
07-10-2011 10:38pm
The Valeter

(07-10-2011 02:51pm)bogstomper Wrote:  Interesting - my dealer has said they are under orders from l/r to give nothing - no discounts on the car or accessories. Even quoted that someone in another dealership had been disciplined for doing so. I'd hoped for rubber mats or maybe a brolly, but not optimistic! Well done to those that have got something though.

Don't see how LR can interviene with accessories etc given they buy them from LR so it is the dealer taking the hit!Confused:
(07-10-2011 03:22pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  I also got Jack £$%^ and also have nothing to show for my £2k deposit!

Hopefully you got a reciept! Shocked

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2011 11:31pm by The Valeter.)
07-10-2011 11:29pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply