Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Freebies
xxxx5

RE: Freebies

(07-10-2011 11:29pm)The Valeter Wrote:  
(07-10-2011 02:51pm)bogstomper Wrote:  Interesting - my dealer has said they are under orders from l/r to give nothing - no discounts on the car or accessories. Even quoted that someone in another dealership had been disciplined for doing so. I'd hoped for rubber mats or maybe a brolly, but not optimistic! Well done to those that have got something though.

Don't see how LR can interviene with accessories etc given they buy them from LR so it is the dealer taking the hit!Confused:
(07-10-2011 03:22pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  I also got Jack £$%^ and also have nothing to show for my £2k deposit!

Hopefully you got a reciept! Shocked

Yes it is the one thing that i have from LR!

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
07-10-2011 11:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamicRRV

I had to call them for my deposit receipt....twice!
08-10-2011 12:00am
bogstomper

(07-10-2011 11:29pm)The Valeter Wrote:  
(07-10-2011 02:51pm)bogstomper Wrote:  Interesting - my dealer has said they are under orders from l/r to give nothing - no discounts on the car or accessories. Even quoted that someone in another dealership had been disciplined for doing so. I'd hoped for rubber mats or maybe a brolly, but not optimistic! Well done to those that have got something though.

Don't see how LR can interviene with accessories etc given they buy them from LR so it is the dealer taking the hit!Confused:
(07-10-2011 03:22pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  I also got Jack £$%^ and also have nothing to show for my £2k deposit!

Hopefully you got a reciept! Shocked

I agree - it was probably just something they say, just thought their position was interesting - I may try again when I collect the car, but as I say, not holding out too much hope - so at least they're managing my expectations I guess! Confused
08-10-2011 12:01am
vinda

We got a crappy teddy bear. Free lifetime mot for the vehicle and a land rover experience day.
Oh and some vouchers. hmoney off tyres,service etc
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2011 12:16am by vinda.)
08-10-2011 12:16am
mark_n

By any measure, my dealer has been completely useless so far, so I don't expect anything at all.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
08-10-2011 08:27am
Spiderman

(08-10-2011 12:16am)vinda Wrote:  We got a crappy teddy bear. Free lifetime mot for the vehicle and a land rover experience day.

As you deem this Teddy Bear gesture as being unwanted, to put it mildly, may I suggest you hand it into a children's home or into a children's hospital ward as an unfortunate or sick child will be so very appreciative of it...I say this from experience as I organise & host charity events for our local hospitals children's cancer ward & you should see the children's faces light up when they receive an unexpected gift and something like a teddy bear gives them a friend to draw comfort from....

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
08-10-2011 03:20pm
DynamicRRV

(08-10-2011 03:20pm)Spiderman Wrote:  
(08-10-2011 12:16am)vinda Wrote:  We got a crappy teddy bear. Free lifetime mot for the vehicle and a land rover experience day.

As you deem this Teddy Bear gesture as being unwanted, to put it mildly, may I suggest you hand it into a children's home or into a children's hospital ward as an unfortunate or sick child will be so very appreciative of it...I say this from experience as I organise & host charity events for our local hospitals children's cancer ward & you should see the children's faces light up when they receive an unexpected gift and something like a teddy bear gives them a friend to draw comfort from....

Mate thats fantastic!!!Smile
08-10-2011 03:30pm
vinda

One step ahead. Already donated to the local one. ThAts great work you do spiderman. Must be very rewarding. I hope I can be doing such wonderful things one day.
09-10-2011 12:16am
Tekno
Banned

Mark_n - who is your dealer?
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 09:00am by Tekno.)
09-10-2011 08:59am
Spiderman

Your local Cinema will probably provide free tickets for the kids as well, ours do!

All it takes is a little effort to organise and the rewards are ten fold!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
10-10-2011 01:28am