Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forgive me Father for I may be about to sin!
alibeau

Ok, so the Evoque went on Thursday Crying

Onwards and upwards, at least now it takes the pressure off business wise and we can complete our renovations and hopefully return to Range a Rover at some point in the future!

In the meantime I have test driven the Clio RS 200 and also the GT. Really nice cars, got really good deals on offer with both BUT I just can't help thinking that I would prefer a slightly higher driving position and some '4x4' potential...

Whilst at a Renault dealership I spotted a Juke Nismo and then test drove an auto yesterday. The Juke is a car that I always thought fell into the category of 'fugly', it probably still does but the Nismo was slightly more palatable. The 'problem' is is that it ticks all of my boxes....

Petrol
Auto
5 door
Nippy
'4WD'
Slightly elevated driving position
Around the £20k mark

So before I commit the ultimate sin and order the bull frog lookalike, are there any other vehicles out there that I may have overlooked?

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
09-02-2014 03:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Forgive me Father for I may be about to sin!

Good choice tbh.
For me, it was the Evoque, Juke or Kia Sportage.... completely different 'class' of cars I know but I like the new/quirky style cars.
We'd still have a juke even though they are (much like the evoque) quite common.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
09-02-2014 07:33pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MarkA_

Skoda yeti! I have not heard a bad review of it yet.

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
09-02-2014 08:28pm
m_101

I also considered a sportage and a Mazda CX5 but am so glad I got my evoque.
That being said, what about the new qashqai?

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
09-02-2014 10:39pm
PhilSkill

While in the Nissan dealers definitely checkout the New Qashqai... and comes in 4x4 if required.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
09-02-2014 11:45pm
tetstb

Sportage is a surprisingly good piece of kit, my neighbour has one and 7 year warranty, 80K miles of free servicing with green flag cover are all hard to ignore.

Level of equipment is pretty good also.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
10-02-2014 10:37am
tarbat

Certainly worth considering a Skoda Yeti. We've had ours for 4 years, very happy with it. Good residual values after 4 years as well - retained 55% even on trade-in.

MY14 SD4 Pure Tech Auto/Coupe/Zanzibar/Pure Style Pack/Panoramic Roof/Power Tailgate
10-02-2014 11:38am
alibeau

Sorry for my bull frog comments RacingSnake, I didn't consider for one minute that there might be a Juke owner on the forum! Doh! Apologies!

Thanks for the feedback guys. Typically, my first Monday morning without the Evoque and its snowing!!!!

Just awaiting a few quotes on used Nismo's, the car is really growing on me so I *think* my decision is made....

Love the look of the new Qashqai but it is not currently available in Auto and 4WD on the same model Wink

I'm afraid the Skoda Yeti is not for me but only a week ago I said that about the Juke Laughing

Thanks, I really appreciate your input.

Ali.

10-02-2014 11:57am
alibeau

The deed is done.

A 12 month old Juke Nismo is sitting outside my office window. I certainly won't be lovingly gazing out as I used to with my Evoque but the Nismo drives great, feels solid and nippy too.....

Enough said!

Thanks guys and bye for now.

Ali Very Happy

19-02-2014 01:04pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Have fun and let us know if Nissan's reliability is really all it is cracked up to be will you...

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-02-2014 03:43pm