Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
POI on sat nav
cjfp

RE: POI on sat nav

(18-10-2012 09:13am)Nick@LandRover Wrote:  Hi Everyone,

I’m sorry to hear that you are struggling to use the Points of Interest (POI) option on the satellite navigation in your RRE.

There is an instructional video for RRE POI option which can be viewed here. If your satellite navigation is still not working as expected I would suggest that you arrange a booking at the dealership for an investigation.

If you have your vehicle booked in and would like further assistance please send me a private message and I’ll be happy to look into this for you.

Kind Regards,
Nick

Watched the video:-
Interesting that at 46 secs, it says that your dealer will have information regarding software and map updates

I also think I have found the (somewhat convoluted [look that up philskill!]) solution to the issue some of us have:-
touch anywhere on the map screen (not a button) and two/three buttons will appear top right, one of which will be POI.
Click POI and this will take you to the QuickPOI screen (which can be accessed another route but I cannot get it to work when accessed that way!) and select up to 5 POI to appear on the map screen.
Return to the map.
Click Menu and then More and you will now see that your POI Off button is available for selection.

[Still need to check if that, having done it this way, the QuickPOI now works via the other route]

I do think this SatNav has some really good features, it's just that some of them are such a faff to get to work.

I would still like my dealer to update me to the latest software as hopefully some of these bugs will have been ironed out.

I can certainly also recommend watching the LR videos (not just on the SatNav) as you do (I certainly did) find out things that I either never knew about or forgot - http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/lr/owners...er-evoque/

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 18-10-2012 04:06pm by cjfp.)
18-10-2012 12:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

You could have used Tortuous or Complex... cjfp Laughing

Has anyone had an update to the Nav or Entertainment system at their service yet?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-10-2012 02:04pm
cjfp

Ok, have now played.

To make POI appear.
Touch map screen (not a button) and two/three (depends if you have a route set or not) will appear top right.
One will be POI - click this and a Quick POI list (this list is as set by user within the Nav setup / Quick POI screen, see below) will appear. Click on whichever POI you want from the quick list to show (or you can select other types of POI not from quick list by clicking the appropriate screen button) and then return to map, and there they are.

You can now go into menu to Turn Off POI when no longer needed. To see POI again you cannot simply 'turn on' the Turn Off POI button, you need to tap the map, tap POI button and select the POI type you want to see etc.

The Quick POI screen within Nav SETUP does NOT (as far as I can tell) set the POI to appear on the screen or what POI you see on the screen, it merely sets the Quick POI pick list that you will get to choose the POI types you want to see when you click on the map and then click The POI button.

As said before, it does what is required but not in the most logical (well, not to me) way.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 18-10-2012 04:28pm by cjfp.)
18-10-2012 04:14pm
PhilSkill

I guess the idea is that you want to turn POI on easily while in the map so touching the map and selecting POI seemed obvious to a designer at the time...

There is no way to add your own POI's though... is there...? other than adding a favourite and selecting from some limited icons? But these can't be put in a group and selected for display when required.

As mentioned elsewhere, having used Built in Tom Tom recently in a Renault, The Evoque Nav was overall better in my opinion.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-10-2012 06:58pm
Straydox

Was having a play with this earlier this week - have you noticed (very illogical) that if you put the Evoque Nav unit into Off Road Navigation mode (hit the right hand Nav button twice) that POIs appear on the map?

I had a loaner Evoque SD4 Prestige Lux 9 (reg April 20112) from my dealer and the map display showed the POIs (which ever ones were defined in the quick POI list) permanently - so driving down the M40 and passing the Warwick services the map was populated with Icons. My Evoque is back in the dealer for the 5th time with persistent rattles and the sat nav issues (Nick @ LR CRC is supporting, thanks) and I have the use of a brand new RRS HSE which has almost the same kind of Nav as the Evoque. It's nav displays POI data all the time too.

I reckon it's a bug - most probably some sort of software switch is pointing the wrong way as there is no way that POIs should only be operational when it's off road.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012 12:41am by Straydox.)
02-11-2012 12:39am
cjfp

I agree it's a bug and hopefully LR will sort this retrospectively - I know TomTom would and I would like to think that LR would too.

Have never looked at the offroad mode - will take a look this weekend.

02-11-2012 07:55am
Bessiebella

My Evoque went back to dealers last week & they said it is the modual that was faulty ( double Dutch to me) so they ordered another which is on back order with landrover & will ring me when it arrives for them to pick mine up & fit it.
02-11-2012 01:35pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I wonder what bit of an Evoque isn't on back order. I've been waiting 14 months for a replacement set of window seals
because "they are on back order"

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-11-2012 10:07am
cjfp

(02-11-2012 01:35pm)Bessiebella Wrote:  My Evoque went back to dealers last week & they said it is the modual that was faulty ( double Dutch to me) so they ordered another which is on back order with landrover & will ring me when it arrives for them to pick mine up & fit it.

Interesting, wonder if I can get mine replaced.

03-11-2012 10:28am
José Manuel Caballero de Zulueta

My POi icon is disabled ,and touching the map shows also a disabled screen,my evoque is 2012,any help ?
Thanks
12-11-2015 08:27am