babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
POI on sat nav - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: POI on sat nav (/Thread-POI-on-sat-nav)

Pages: 1 2

POI on sat nav - Bessiebella - 17-10-2012 09:44pm

How do I get the POI icon to show on the sat nav, I have an icon that says POI OFF but it is not light up, I have set the quick POI but no icon on the menu

RE: POI on sat nav - cjfp - 17-10-2012 09:47pm

There does appear to be an issue here - type "+poi +nav" into the search box and you should get about 6 threads to peruse

RE: POI on sat nav - Straydox - 17-10-2012 11:19pm

I also have that issue - the POI options on the Nav are all greyed out and non are shown on the maps. Mine (built May 2012) has been at the dealers for nearly a week having persistent rattles fixed (hopefully) and the missing POI problem is also on the list.

I note that the loaner - also a Prestige and registered just one month earlier has fully working POIs - and the nav system appears to have different graphics and more detailed maps too.

I'll hang on to the loaner until its sorted....

RE: POI on sat nav - cjfp - 17-10-2012 11:21pm

Let us know how the POI 'fix' goes - I also have this issue but have not had time to play to try to sort.

RE: POI on sat nav - Straydox - 17-10-2012 11:23pm

Will do Cjfp

RE: POI on sat nav - jitenc - 18-10-2012 06:39am

I once got stuck with running out of fuel. The POI showed to be turned off, but I was lucky that I managed to turn it on again. There is a long way to get it on. I just need to get back in the Evoque and play around with the system to tell you how.

RE: POI on sat nav - Barton Evoque - 18-10-2012 07:13am

I have a my13 spec i just have to touch the screen press the highlighted POI button then choose up to 5 POI to display then press ok and they all show on the screen till i delete then.

RE: POI on sat nav - CRC@LandRover - 18-10-2012 09:13am

Hi Everyone,

I’m sorry to hear that you are struggling to use the Points of Interest (POI) option on the satellite navigation in your RRE.

There is an instructional video for RRE POI option which can be viewed here. If your satellite navigation is still not working as expected I would suggest that you arrange a booking at the dealership for an investigation.

If you have your vehicle booked in and would like further assistance please send me a private message and I’ll be happy to look into this for you.

Kind Regards,
Nick

RE: POI on sat nav - XFullFatTim - 18-10-2012 09:53am

Nick, is it possible to add your own POI's rather than selecting then from the database? On two pre-launch test days - one for Evoque (Unleashed) and the launch of the 4.4TDv8 Range Rover - the LRE/ presentation team set us off on unaccompanied test routes that followed a series of POI's that they (the demo team) had put into the system so you could follow a pre-determined route that they had selected to show off the car on back roads, motorways and in traffic.

RE: POI on sat nav - CRC@LandRover - 18-10-2012 11:04am

Hi Tim,

You can save memory points in your sat nav – for example if there is a place you visit frequently.

There is an instructional video which can be found here. The video explains how use the on screen soft keys to manage destinations. 400 personal memory points can be stored in the system including your home address, restaurants, service stations, or even an area you simply want to avoid.

Thanks,
Nick