Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Flat Battery - Again
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Flat Battery - Again

No just a lot more SD4's in the UK than Si4's

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-12-2012 01:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Onebigjobby

I just had the low battery warning for the last 2 weeks, and decided to get LR assist out to check it out, the nice chap told me my SD4 was taking more out of the battery than putting back in as I used heated steering wheel, seats and stereo all at the same time.
He said he had a software fix for this that would last up to 100,000 miles.
He showed me exactly how much my battery was being drained with everything on, and after the fix how much again. It worked I now have an Evoque that puts more juice into the battery than it drains! An interesting point is that the technician told me that LR knew of this fault and were working on a software update. So if you have this problem call out LR assist and insist on a LR technician not the AA assistant.
Hope this helps
Onebigjobb
02-12-2012 04:33pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

OBJ, can you copy and paste this into a new post in the Useful tips section please?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-12-2012 06:01pm
markwiggy

(02-12-2012 04:33pm)Onebigjobby Wrote:  I just had the low battery warning for the last 2 weeks, and decided to get LR assist out to check it out, the nice chap told me my SD4 was taking more out of the battery than putting back in as I used heated steering wheel, seats and stereo all at the same time.
He said he had a software fix for this that would last up to 100,000 miles.
He showed me exactly how much my battery was being drained with everything on, and after the fix how much again. It worked I now have an Evoque that puts more juice into the battery than it drains! An interesting point is that the technician told me that LR knew of this fault and were working on a software update. So if you have this problem call out LR assist and insist on a LR technician not the AA assistant.
Hope this helps
Onebigjobb

The LR tech guy said the update is not available yet and he rebooted the system to get it working again, which did the trick although he stated the problem will reoccur if an update is not made available. Dealer confirmed there is no update available and informed me the tech guy should have recovered my car to a dealer to have the systems interrogated for fault codes, next time it occurs It is to go to a dealer. Great hey !!

Mark

Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 door Orkney Grey Black Roof with Panoramic and Privacy Glass
02-12-2012 07:35pm
Onebigjobby

(02-12-2012 06:01pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  OBJ, can you copy and paste this into a new post in the Useful tips section please?

Done Smile
05-12-2012 04:37pm
doug

(29-11-2012 06:53pm)J77 Wrote:  must admit it was an awesome sight, a little Evoque with this big transit hooked up on the rear, not something I would attempt too often though.

That's nothing. I was once caught up in a traffic jam, with a 40ft lorry at the front of the line up moving very very slowly. Turned out it was being TOWED BY A DISCOVERY 4 Shocked
The lorry was only being towed a 100m or so to a lay by.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
05-12-2012 10:19pm
Chunkstar

Flat Battery - Again

Before the cold weather started we got a low battery warning and gear box fault twice maybe 3 times in 2 weeks. Called my dealer who booked it straight in for diagnostics. They called me back to confirm that it needed a new alternator which was fitted the following Monday. I thought maybe they knew this was happening quite a lot as I know I had read it on here but they said they hadn't heard of the problem before. Seems they were just being efficient...!
05-12-2012 11:59pm
FujiSan

Just as a matter of interest, on my 12MY Pure the rear socket is NOT live all the time, it's on the same timer as the front socket, so cannot be used for trickle charging.

TD4 Pure - Now a rare breed...

[Image: 131166.png]
11-12-2012 02:01pm
PhilSkill

Think you are right FujiSan, I've heard this a few times now...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-12-2012 03:07pm
ChuckieB

MY12 definitely not live.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
11-12-2012 04:51pm