Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Farewell...
Token

Farewell...

Hi guys

I'm afraid the time has come to bid you all farewell; the Evoque has reluctantly been sold due to growing dogs and a growing family. Happily I can report I sold it to a decent chap who is clearly a Land Rover enthusiast and i'm sure will give it a good home.

I have found this forum really useful and have thoroughly enjoyed every interaction with the members, particular thanks to Tim who is nothing short of an expert and nothing is too much trouble (even advised me on the purchase of my Defender), Mark_n who never fails to amuse me with his grumpyness and barbed responses to stupid questions/comments, and Charlie (assuming she is loitering here somewhere under a different name) who was always entertaining.

Aside from my dealings with Stratstone, I have enjoyed every moment of the Evoque from the moment an order was placed without even seeing the car or knowing the price! It is the most accomplished car I have ever driven due to it's ability to be a brilliant luxury SUV, a competent off-roader, and it's handling that can be compared to many modern sports coupes.

I am of course staying loyal to Land Rover and have ordered an RRS with all the trimmings...and I must say that my dealings so far with Matford Land Rover in Exeter have been superb and a transformation compared to the dealings with my local Stratstone; so much so, that I may even make the 3hr round trip for servicing.

Good luck and I'm sure that I will meet many of you again on future forums (and I will of course keep an eye on what's going on over here).

Token.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
05-10-2012 07:27am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

RE: Farewell...

All the best Token and thanks for the kind words to the guys. Tim is a great contributor. Post from time to time to keep in touch.
Cheers.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
05-10-2012 09:13am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Sorry to see you go Token, what have you brought to replace the Evoque - honest we won't laugh if it is an X5 or Q7 (well maybe a little bit!)

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
05-10-2012 09:32am
Token

Will do Griff.

Have ordered an RRS Tim...couldn't leave Land Rover could I???!!!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
05-10-2012 10:15am
alibeau

Hi Token,

All the best with your new RRS, Mr Alibeau loves his and although he was blown away when we test drove the Evoque, he is glad he went for the RRS.... and what a difference dealing with a decent dealership makes Thumbs Up

Take care.

Ali Smile

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
05-10-2012 10:48am
mark_n

Me grumpy?

Enjoy the RRS...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
06-10-2012 06:33pm
Evo-king

Well if there's one thing we have all learned on here is don't just go to your nearest dealer, ring around and also listen to recommendations on here.

Enjoy your new car.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
07-10-2012 11:19am
Black Cat

take care Token x
15-10-2012 04:45am
chiggy

Good luck!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
15-10-2012 04:51am
Coolbanana

Hi Token,

You still about? I would be interested in knowing what you think of the RRS.

My 'ol man is constantly on my case about me getting an RRS HSE (2012 model). I've not driven the 2012 one but apparently it is rather good - as he recently discovered.

Sooo, I'm doing the sums and homework to decide whether I want to go for it. I rather like my RRE so it would have to be very special.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
23-10-2012 07:09pm