Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FairFuel Campaign..
J77

RE: FairFuel Campaign..

The problem is we have relied upon the combustion engine for too long. Now the worlds resources are running low and the taxes are ever increasing, we are all in a panic trying to find something that can replace it.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
23-02-2012 04:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

Isn't this supposed to be the solution. Once they have managed to save some more weight with the fuel tanks.

http://youtu.be/CIlsR8qzz0o

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
23-02-2012 09:36pm
cutter7

Dear FairFuelUK Supporter

Thanks to all those rain-soaked supporters who made the trip to London. We filled the House of Commons, stopped traffic in Westminster and delivered a ground-breaking report to door of Number 10. National Fair Fuel Day was covered by TV, radio and papers throughout the day. Even FOX TV from America was there. This is intelligent public protest at its very finest.

As I sat in a packed committee room in the House of Commons with our tireless parliamentary ally, Robert Halfon MP, I was enormously proud of what the day achieved.
Together we've catapulted high fuel duty to the top of the political agenda and asked vital questions about the damage it does to the UK economy. We've also begun an important debate to examine the real numbers behind fuel taxation. How can a government possibly defend a taxation regime that forces its citizens to pay £80 in tax for fuel that actually costs just £24. That's right - to pay for a £60 fill up, we have to earn £104. That huge tax take is national insurance, income tax, VAT and fuel duty. The oil companies get just twenty four quid. That's why the UK has the second highest fuel duty in the entire world. These are numbers we need to know.

Fair Fuel will also insist that we know how many jobs are lost and how much economic activity is damaged every time fuel duty goes up. The Treasury hasn't done these figures and its time they did. Because the weight of these absurd numbers and the pressure of public protest will bring about a sea change in fuel taxation. The UK has reached a tipping point and politicians are now realising that this impossible financial pressure on families and businesses can't continue.

Last Wednesday's day of lobbying was a huge success. Well done everybody. Please keep spreading the FairFuelUK Campaign message, there is only 8 days to the Budget...

WHY MOVED??

I don't understand, but this topic is classed by someone? as not General and moved to off topic ?..but hosepipe ban 'how do i wash my car' is ok to be a General discussion!!..EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

(This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 12:35pm by cutter7.)
13-03-2012 10:31am
LDT

Thanks for the update cutter7 and good on you for taking the time to participate. I look forward to hearing more in due course.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
13-03-2012 12:20pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(13-03-2012 10:31am)cutter7 Wrote:  WHY MOVED??
I don't understand, but this topic is classed by someone? as not General and moved to off topic ?..but hosepipe ban 'how do i wash my car' is ok to be a General discussion!!..EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Better ask Martin the forum boss as it was he who moved it, I suspect to be part of an existing thread as it is the conclusion of your previous post on this.

BTW, if taxation of fuel were to be reduced would you like the bit that were cut to be aded to your income tax instead and then have that index linked? At least those who use the most fuel pay the most tax on it. It's about time we slapped a huge tax on aircraft fuel which is duty free and that would curb a lot of the totally unnecessary flights that people make, also duty should be levied on ship's fuel as it too is tax free and just imagine how everybody will scream that the price of imported food stuffs has gone up if the government were to do that.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 01:38pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-03-2012 01:32pm
Donny Dog

(13-03-2012 01:32pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Better ask Martin the forum boss as it was he who moved it, I suspect to be part of an existing thread as it is the conclusion of your previous post on this.

BTW, if taxation of fuel were to be reduced would you like the bit that were cut to be aded to your income tax instead and then have that index linked? At least those who use the most fuel pay the most tax on it. It's about time we slapped a huge tax on aircraft fuel which is duty free and that would curb a lot of the totally unnecessary flights that people make, also duty should be levied on ship's fuel as it too is tax free and just imagine how everybody will scream that the price of imported food stuffs has gone up if the government were to do that.

They've taken the red diesel concession off leisure use already, (European 'homologisation'), which has put the cost of marine diesel up dramatically. It's now seriously affecting my boating as my boat only does 1 nautical mile per gallon! Crying (Puts Evoque consumption into perspective!).
13-03-2012 03:00pm
XFullFatTim

Your boat is exceptionally economical compared to mine which burns 180 TONNES heavy oil every 24 hours at economical rpm (72rpm) and 14knots and 420tpd at 94 RPM or 24knots - we don't burn diesel except in our generators. HFO we have is about $500 a tonne, low sulphur diesel for the genny is $900 a tonne and to keep the lights burning we burn 4.5tpd of that.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 06:45pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-03-2012 06:45pm
Donny Dog

(13-03-2012 06:45pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Your boat is exceptionally economical compared to mine which burns 180 TONNES heavy oil every 24 hours at economical rpm (72rpm) and 14knots and 420tpd at 94 RPM or 24knots - we don't burn diesel except in our generators. HFO we have is about $500 a tonne, low sulphur diesel for the genny is $900 a tonne and to keep the lights burning we burn 4.5tpd of that.

Yes, but are you paying for the fuel?? Shocked
13-03-2012 06:50pm
XFullFatTim

No, but it also isn't a pleasure craft! And the fuel is tax free.

13-03-2012 07:17pm
cutter7

Dear FairFuelUK Supporter

With less than a week to go to the Budget, we are now seriously concerned that the Government may stick to its plan to increase petrol & diesel prices by adding a massive 16p a gallon (3p/litre fuel duty and VAT combined) increase in a few months time. We urgently need you to help us stop this. Petrol & diesel prices are already at record levels and are still rising. We know that this increase will push many families and businesses over the edge.

What makes this situation even more frustrating, is that we have supplied the Prime Minister, the Chancellor and every MP with independent research that shows that CUTTING fuel taxes would not actually cost the Government any revenue. Even a modest cut of 2.5p per litre would create 175,000 new jobs and boost the economy by 0.33%. The taxes generated from this economic growth would balance out any lost revenue from the fuel duty cut.
Please, even if you have done this before, send a message to your MP by clicking on the participate link http://action.fairfueluk.com/CutFuelDutyNow.

We have studied the replies from MPs to our earlier emails and it's clear that our central campaign message is not getting through. Given the seriousness of the fuel price scandal, and the little time left before the Budget, we have to do all we can to make sure that our voice is heard.

In recent weeks, our number of supporters has grown dramatically – but we need more. The more people we have behind us, the more powerful our voice. Please ask all your family, friends, customers and contacts to sign up at http://www.fairfueluk.com. Every sign up (and it’s free!) really helps.

Much of our campaigning is done across the internet which enables us to keep costs down whilst reaching out to tens of thousands of people. The best way you can help us have a visible presence as a campaign is to get a campaign sticker. A huge showing of these on the roads and motorways of Britain helps keep this vital issue in the eyes of the media and of the politicians and it helps fund the campaign … get some here …

Thanks for your support as ever...

15-03-2012 03:45pm