Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Extended Warranty in US
Crustydaemon

Extended Warranty in US

I have an Evoque, in about 6 months the manufacturer's warranty expires. Does anyone have any suggestions for the Extended warranty which would be similar to manufacturer's warranty.

Cheers
08-04-2016 12:11am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Extended Warranty in US

Have you asked if your local Land Rover dealership can offer a Land Rover "branded" extended warranty over there. We can buy them here in the UK.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-04-2016 10:10am
DVFlyer

When I purchased my Evo, the finance person said I needed to buy the extended warranty right then or I would not be able to purchase one. I declined.

I called another dealer who told me there was no truth to what I was told and I could purchase an extended warranty any time. I ended up buying the warranty from them. Don't remember what the name is, but I imagine dealers offer similar warranties across the country.

2014 Zanzibar Pure Premium. Black roof, black wheels, black interior.
08-04-2016 02:29pm
Good shot

(08-04-2016 02:29pm)DVFlyer Wrote:  When I purchased my Evo, the finance person said I needed to buy the extended warranty right then or I would not be able to purchase one. I declined.

I called another dealer who told me there was no truth to what I was told and I could purchase an extended warranty any time. I ended up buying the warranty from them. Don't remember what the name is, but I imagine dealers offer similar warranties across the country.

In the uk you get an option to buy a 5 year maintenence contract covering all servicing. It's about £500. I was fortunate to get that thrown in as part of my purchase - so it's negotiable.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
08-04-2016 08:24pm
Mark^^

The cost to extend warranty in Australia is outrageous, to extending for 1 year or up to 200,000kms is $3070 and for 2 years or up to 200,000kms is $3610 this includes continuation of the roadside assist program. An extra year of the roadside assist program costs $150

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
09-04-2016 12:15pm
Good shot

(09-04-2016 12:15pm)Mark^^ Wrote:  The cost to extend warranty in Australia is outrageous, to extending for 1 year or up to 200,000kms is $3070 and for 2 years or up to 200,000kms is $3610 this includes continuation of the roadside assist program. An extra year of the roadside assist program costs $150

I've not seen many reports of folks having problems with 3-5 yo Evoques. Be good if folks have that vintage they share some news. I'm only guessing here but would imagine most Evoque buyers turn their cars over in the 2-3 year time frame?

Guess the biggest expense will be wear and tear items anyway like tyres and pads.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2016 01:11pm by Good shot.)
09-04-2016 01:10pm
jcarrot

When I bought my Evoque in 2014 it was with the intention of keeping it 5 years, looking on the website the other day it looks as though it costs around £750 for each extended year including roadside assistance.
In view of the replacement costs bandied around in various places I would think that represents fair value.
Much as I enjoy ownership of the car some of it's little foibles make me glad I have the re-assurance of a warranty and intend to extend the warranty after the 3 years.
PS. A recent 1200 mile round trip to Scotland with progressive driving on motorways, dual carriageways and single lane with passing places gave me 39.65 mpg.
10-04-2016 09:49am
PhilSkill

Mines is nearly 4.5 years old, fairly low mileage at 31000, so far only replaced a headlight Ballast, and had to service rear brakes today as binding from not being used much although still haven't actually changed them!

Mileage is gonna creep up now though as the Merc lease ran out Sad so it's the main daily driver again

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
10-04-2016 08:32pm
swhittak

I'm at 40k and am considering the extended warranty, been quoted around $6k for a 36mo/50k warranty... I think I may just find a savings account instead.

Anyone in the USA taken up the extended warranty (JLR or 3rd Party) and have any info to share?

Update: Forgot to mention that this was a quote from Autopom (3rd party in the USA) and the 'between the lines' list of things not covered seems HUGE! Basically they cover most of the engine, transmission, electrical system (not the tech stuff like Nav though - that's extra, and only one claim for the lifetime of the warranty), etc. There's also a $100/hr labor cap which basically means that I'd not be able to use any of the LR dealers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MY'14 RRE Dynamic 5-Door - Orkney Grey - 20" Vibration Wheels
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2016 01:58pm by swhittak.)
02-06-2016 07:01am
redrovor

I just purchased the ext warranty I got a little lower price because I bought another evoque from same dealer!
02-06-2016 01:30pm