Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Exhaust
bell-auto-services

RE: Exhaust

Tim, how are you finding the cabin noise compared to your last cars ? , I worry that i will miss the nice peacefull drive the D4 gave me.

Exhausts is something id thought about but the cabin noise has to come first, and then performance, exterior noise and more importantly than those is practicality of warranty friendly dealer visits after that.

But all that said I would not ever want my car to look like its been pimped up as I agree with you, that this is not that type of car.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
08-10-2011 12:57pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spiderman

Pete

I can't vouch for the Coupe, I'm sure Tim can provide suitable feedback on that model, but as I have lived with my SD4 5 door Dynamic for over 3 weeks & 800+ miles now and have a further 2 on order & I have also owned very LR & RR product over the last 30 years, and currently also own a FFRR s/c & FL2, having recently just sold my D4 and RRS, I feel suitably experienced to advise you it's 'hush, hush' from inside the cabin. It's quieter than the D4 and only really heard when pressing on & when it does it sounds like the FL2 naturally, but again it's quieter inside the cabin due to it's superior damping and noise insulation. Wind noise is remarkably restrained given the size of the cars 'ears' (wing mirrors)! Laughing

Hope this helps
Peter

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2011 03:02pm by Spiderman.)
08-10-2011 02:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yes it's super hushed on the cruise and it's really only on start up that you know there's a tractor engine under the bonnet. There's more tyre noise than engine noise once you are doing over 30 unless as Spider says you decide to venture into the upper reaches of the rev band, but even then it never gets harsh.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-10-2011 05:01pm
mark_n

Seems to me replacing the RRE exhaust is ridiculous.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
08-10-2011 08:38pm
bell-auto-services

Perfect news thank you both very much for settling my mind, I'm glad to here the cabin noise quality has being maintained as it has with the rest of car.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2011 09:01pm by bell-auto-services.)
08-10-2011 08:56pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

My last two cars have had the same 3.6ltr TDv8 engine and the exhaust noise was totally different between them. The TDv8 Sport had an OEM factory tuned exhaust, when you wanted to blast in a lower gear you got a really nice V8 rumbly note but when you were cruising it was nice and quiet - the FFRR on the other hand was quiet all the time, no sporty rumble when you wanted to blast in it, and it could blast just like the Sport - in fact in gear was faster than the TDv8 RRS because the FFRR was lighter

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-10-2011 09:53pm
Evoqess

(08-10-2011 08:38pm)mark_n Wrote:  Seems to me replacing the RRE exhaust is ridiculous.

It's an interesting phenomenon, but pretty much every vehicle I've ever owned welcomed mods of some sort. Even my Vespa and Smart Car- with body kits and Brabus bits available. Although I won't want my RRE exhaust tampered with, there will be a market wanting to add an aggressive tone / a few extra HP to such a great, aggressive looking car.
I'm looking forward to some peace in the cabin after the Audi - lots of road noise at freeway speeds from the larger alloys.

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
09-10-2011 07:00am
AmDtuning.com

Hi

Didn't want to upset anyone on here!

Its all personal choice really?

I, personally, don't want big wheels, even factory option, because the ride quality is too harsh- for me.

But personally I do like my cars to have more performance. I don't want "boy racer" exhausts but something which, for me personally, improves the car.

Cheers Shaun.

Evoque Pure Coupe SD4 Manual Orkney Grey AmD Remap- AmD Tuning- West Thurrock, Essex 01708 861827- Open Mon-Sat. http://www.amdtuning.com. 1000BHP 4WD Rolling Road-Workshop and Servicing- Mail Order- Chipping/Remapping from £299.
11-10-2011 10:28am
GibEvoque

(11-10-2011 10:28am)AmDtuning.com Wrote:  Hi

Didn't want to upset anyone on here!

Its all personal choice really?

I, personally, don't want big wheels, even factory option, because the ride quality is too harsh- for me.

But personally I do like my cars to have more performance. I don't want "boy racer" exhausts but something which, for me personally, improves the car.

Cheers Shaun.

remaps are the way to go, no changes to the vehilce comfort, only in its power and driveability.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
11-10-2011 03:18pm
mk82

In my BMW Z4 I've got a "soundmachine" (German: soundgenerator). It is a connection between airbox and drivers cabine. It makes a good sound. Isn't it possible to create for a RRE?

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
11-10-2011 09:18pm