Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque vs XC 60
MarkA_

Evoque vs XC 60

Snooze

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
01-04-2014 09:27am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartbreakRidge

RE: Evoque vs XC 60

(01-04-2014 08:50am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  A proven track record of what? Boringness?

A track record of appearing in bleak police procedurals, perhaps?

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
01-04-2014 03:29pm
wardpg

Gents this is the first time I have posted on this forum in 2 years due to having decided not to buy an Evogue but buy a xc60. This was to replace my 4 year old Ffrr is was probably one of the worst cars I had ever had due to its reliability, which LR didn't seem to care about, this was after having land rovers for nearly 20 years
I went on an Evogue launch event and really liked the car but my biggest gripe was that it was just not big enough. After looking at other cars I chose a xc60 and I have not regretted it. It's a d5 with 215 bhp auto and it fills all my requirements. I have not had a single problem with it in 2 years, touch wood.
I like the Volvo sensus system which under constant improvement and Volvo do software updates to the car at every service, which is more than LR used to do, though this might have changed now.
I have noticed a lot on here re land rover in control, I have had a similar system from Volvo for the last 2 years. This me mobile app access to the car which can be used as a tracking device, driving journal , remote unlock, fuel compsumption etc. it also call the emergency services automatically in the event of a serious accident. Why are LR so slow with technology.
Saying all this I think the Evogue looks a better car and if it had been slightly bigger I would probably have gone for one, love it's big brother the RRS but just can't afford one.
01-04-2014 06:08pm
volvos60s60

Wardpg

Thanks for a great reply.

I ordered an Evoque in the end, although if looks had not been a factor the Volvo would have won the day. I just hope I made the right decision.

Time will tell
01-04-2014 10:59pm