Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque sold
Daigriff

Evoque sold

Just popped on to say goodbye.

My Evoque went yesterday after 2 years and 11 months of fairly trouble free motoring. I still love the look of the car and the comfort but my overall LR experience was mixed and wanted to go back to something bigger and more economical.

A real plus however is that it depreciated by less than 30% during ownership which is superb, although I had only done 25,000 miles and it was in great condition thanks to car care advice provided on here...great news though.

Despite not having contributed as much in recent times I regularly pop on to see whats going on and have many happy memories of the discussions we had on here during the 16 month wait before delivery...the anticipation was unbearable at times!!

Anyway, I wish everyone well and hope you enjoy your Evoque as much as I did, but I'm moving on to a different marque.

regards

DaiSmile

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
20-11-2014 10:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Evoque sold

Good luck with your new car.

Feel free to say what you are moving on to.

Given some of the negativity towards the Evoque, it is good to read of owners who were satisfied with their car.

The Barolo club is diminishing.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
21-11-2014 09:17pm
flibberflops

You are seriously checking out with 666 posts? Evil Evil Evil
(This post was last modified: 21-11-2014 10:10pm by flibberflops.)
21-11-2014 10:09pm
Daigriff

(21-11-2014 10:09pm)flibberflops Wrote:  You are seriously checking out with 666 posts? Evil Evil Evil

Crikey hadn't noticed thatShocked Thanks for the heads up!!

I'm going over to the dark side Evo...I've bought an Outlander PHEV (which is as dull as dish water) through my business for the tax breaks, more room and economy, but am on the look out for something a lot more fun for the weekends, but haven't decided what as yet, but its likely to only have two seats and a powerful engineVery Happy

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
22-11-2014 12:24am
Evo-king

Good for you with the second option. Thumbs Up

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2014 04:32pm by Evo-king.)
22-11-2014 04:32pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Sorry to see you leaving Daigriff, pop back and tell us how you get on with the PHEV - Autocar rates their long termer very highly BUT they have yet anywhere near the claimed fuel efficiency................. but I appreciate it's the tax that matters for business use and that is where Evoque isn't good.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-11-2014 04:37pm
Daigriff

(22-11-2014 04:37pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Sorry to see you leaving Daigriff, pop back and tell us how you get on with the PHEV - Autocar rates their long termer very highly BUT they have yet anywhere near the claimed fuel efficiency................. but I appreciate it's the tax that matters for business use and that is where Evoque isn't good.

Tim, will do.

I'm not a high mileage driver, most is within 10 -15 miles of where I live so that will all be electric (32 mile range), longer journeys petrol. You are also correct the 100% writing down allowance etc is a no brainer for business owners, but as mentioned above will be looking for something a bit more fun for the weekend.

regards
Dai

22-11-2014 06:25pm
mark_n

(22-11-2014 06:25pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Tim, will do.

I'm not a high mileage driver, most is within 10 -15 miles of where I live so that will all be electric (32 mile range), longer journeys petrol. You are also correct the 100% writing down allowance etc is a no brainer for business owners, but as mentioned above will be looking for something a bit more fun for the weekend.

regards
Dai

No idea what this new car is but if you are looking for a fun two seater, a Porsche Boxster might fit the bill. Buy a low-mileage care-for example and you may well be a happy camper.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
22-11-2014 07:25pm
Daigriff

(22-11-2014 07:25pm)mark_n Wrote:  No idea what this new car is but if you are looking for a fun two seater, a Porsche Boxster might fit the bill. Buy a low-mileage care-for example and you may well be a happy camper.

Yes on my radar Mark, also a Honda S2000 with the right spec/condition...slightly more rare but a great car, superbly reliable and can be driven hard.

Btw the Phev is a SUV similar size to a CRVEmbarrassedSnigger

22-11-2014 07:33pm