Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque on top gear tonight
Owend

RE: Evoque on top gear tonight

(11-07-2011 02:31pm)cutter7 Wrote:  
(11-07-2011 02:24pm)cjfp Wrote:  
(11-07-2011 02:23pm)Owend Wrote:  Wouldnt mind seeing J.Lo trying to get in the back of a 3 door coupe ..in that silver mini dress she wore in her video.....

ahhhhhhhhhh.....

oops sorry ..that was off topic...

off topic ... but a point well made!
New thread - Girls (or Boys) that you'd like to see trying to climb into the back of an Evoque Coupe
Dale Winton!!

My Missus
11-07-2011 02:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

Kylie in the passenger door and Danni in via the drivers door - sisters at the same time!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
11-07-2011 02:35pm
cutter7

(11-07-2011 02:32pm)Owend Wrote:  
(11-07-2011 02:31pm)cutter7 Wrote:  
(11-07-2011 02:24pm)cjfp Wrote:  
(11-07-2011 02:23pm)Owend Wrote:  Wouldnt mind seeing J.Lo trying to get in the back of a 3 door coupe ..in that silver mini dress she wore in her video.....

ahhhhhhhhhh.....

oops sorry ..that was off topic...

off topic ... but a point well made!
New thread - Girls (or Boys) that you'd like to see trying to climb into the back of an Evoque Coupe
Dale Winton!!

My Missus

My next door neighbour? followed by Christopher Biggins
11-07-2011 02:36pm
Owend

Jamaican 4 x 100 women relay team... 2 on each side.....!!!!!

and yes i do like big A***

lol
11-07-2011 02:37pm
SW6RR

Charlie, I agree with you in so far as I think it's wrong to say that the Evoque isn't suitable for families. I think it would make a good family car.

That said, the single, possibly childless, young purchaser (relative to other RR purchasers at least) is clearly the target market here.
11-07-2011 03:06pm
Alex

(11-07-2011 03:03pm)Charlie Wrote:  
(11-07-2011 02:22pm)Sassy Wrote:  
(11-07-2011 02:15pm)cutter7 Wrote:  Well lets hope it's called the 3 door Evoque and not the Ejoke!

Don't see why it would be. Like I said, if you need daily access to rear seats and you order a coupe car (any kind of coupe) then you're not the smartest sandwich at the picnic.

Evoque is not aimed at families, it's aimed at current drivers of the likes of top end Minis and Audi TTs... They, like me, are likely to be childless, and rarely carrying passengers, and therefore entirely unconcerned with the mechanism for getting people into the back of their Evoque coupe!

What a narrow minded opinion if you ask me, the Evoque is not aimed at families, are you having a laugh? And of course when you have kids there is no way you can have a 3 door car or the Evoque has a boot so small you can't fit a pram in? What planet are you on?

If LR is relying on the likes of young single 'girls' that their Daddy buys it for, they'd be in big trouble.

Completely agree, there are enough struggling families who make do with a Ford Fiesta and still manage to get all the kids in, plus get from A to B. I think the car is fine and has been designed with a broader customer demographics than suggested.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
11-07-2011 03:08pm
Daigriff

The 5 door is aimed at families, but the coupe would be the wrong choice(IMHO) for couples with very small children/babies.

The only 3 door I've owned was an RS Focus but that had a huge boot and rear access was ok... But it was a pain in the Arse hVing to get out when picking someone up and for that reason hVe always had 4 or 5 door cars since.

Each to their own though.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
11-07-2011 03:29pm
Sassy

(11-07-2011 03:09pm)Charlie Wrote:  I think by producing 3 variations and 2 shapes everyone can be pleased. There is no right and wrong Evoque in my opinion.

Which was exactly my point in response to those moaning about the coupe's electric sliding seats. It comes down to common sense, if you buy the coupe then you will find you're having more trouble filling the rear bench than if you had bought the five door. Obvious I would have thought.

Incidentally, nowhere did I say I was single, young nor that anyone was buying anything for me. I simply said I was childless and therefore a perfect candidate for the COUPE, hence why I went for the COUPE.

ETA, as I also work in the industry I know for a fact that the Evoque target demographic is not families, but in fact young, single women. However, obviously, as with everything, that doesn't mean anyone in the world can't like it and find a space for it in their lives. I simply said it wasn't designed for families, which is true if you look at other cars from Land Rover which are designed for that demographic. Alright?

On order: Coupe SD4 Dynamic Auto, Indus Silver, 20" Chrome Shadow Wheels, Pursuit/Lunar/Gloss Black
Current cars: BMW X3 (MK1)
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Lotus Exige
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2011 05:32pm by Sassy.)
11-07-2011 05:26pm
vinda

(11-07-2011 03:03pm)Charlie Wrote:  
(11-07-2011 02:22pm)Sassy Wrote:  
(11-07-2011 02:15pm)cutter7 Wrote:  Well lets hope it's called the 3 door Evoque and not the Ejoke!

Don't see why it would be. Like I said, if you need daily access to rear seats and you order a coupe car (any kind of coupe) then you're not the smartest sandwich at the picnic.

Evoque is not aimed at families, it's aimed at current drivers of the likes of top end Minis and Audi TTs... They, like me, are likely to be childless, and rarely carrying passengers, and therefore entirely unconcerned with the mechanism for getting people into the back of their Evoque coupe!

What a narrow minded opinion if you ask me, the Evoque is not aimed at families, are you having a laugh? And of course when you have kids there is no way you can have a 3 door car or the Evoque has a boot so small you can't fit a pram in? What planet are you on?

If LR is relying on the likes of young single 'girls' that their Daddy buys it for, they'd be in big trouble.

Don't think the boot is small. 550+ litres
11-07-2011 06:13pm
Acwats

[/quote]

Again, I'm sure (hope) that LR are reading all these blogs and will be running around fixing things on our every word!

What has happened to EvoqueExpert and EvoqueMaker - both v quiet of late.
[/quote]

if you needed anymore evidence that LR are reading these pages look no further than the disappearance of our 2 advisors. It shows their real customer commitment.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
11-07-2011 08:06pm