Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque long wheelbase
Blackseries

Evoque long wheelbase

This looks interesting.

More rear legroom would probably be the only thing that would tempt me to change mine.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-...e-scooped/

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 12:04am by Blackseries.)
10-12-2012 09:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slee18

RE: Evoque long wheelbase

Looks like more space in the boot

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
10-12-2012 09:48pm
J77

What on earth is LR playing at, it looks terrible, spoils the look of the car. The Evoque was built as a compact Range Rover, it's not supposed to have a huge boot or masses of rear leg room. The Evoque hasn't shrunk since it was unveiled to the public, those that complain about small boot or cramped in the rear, let there vanity rule there head.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
10-12-2012 09:58pm
Evo-king

There will be takers for this, given the extra room, I'm comfortable with the coupe.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
10-12-2012 10:51pm
Jonathon555

It might be a test mule for the new sport.

But a streched evoque ??? Can't see the point

Unless they are copying nissan cashcow

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2012 10:54pm by Jonathon555.)
10-12-2012 10:52pm
PhilSkill

Not for me! Shocked but its an easy option for them to put together inexpensively and expand the range for other potential buyers who find the boot too small, hell people buy the uglyman so why not a streached Evoque.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
10-12-2012 11:39pm
Blackseries

(10-12-2012 09:58pm)J77 Wrote:  The Evoque hasn't shrunk since it was unveiled to the public, those that complain about small boot or cramped in the rear, let there vanity rule there head.

That’s a bit harsh.

When I first got the Evoque it was going to be the "dog car" .... so I only needed the dog to fit in the boot which she does fine.

However I love the car so much I use it a lot more than I originally thought so the ability to carry 4 adults in comfort would be good for me. If the Evoque had 3 inches more rear legroom I would order another one in an instant. Looking at these spy photos it looks as if all the additional space is in the boot ... which is no benefit to me at all. Let’s hope LR sees fit to put a sliding rear seat in the LWB version so we can decide whether we want more legroom or a bigger boot.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
11-12-2012 12:17am
benzina

My view....the original Evoque proportions cannot be messed with ,otherwise the aesthetic design is compromised to the point which favours function over form,where as the original will always be a triumph of form over function.
Look at that horrible longer rear overhang for more luggage space.
I just think sometimes great aesthetic proportional car design like the Evoque, can't suit everyone's practical needs,and thats exactly why it came to look so GREAT!

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 09:50am by benzina.)
11-12-2012 05:02am
xxxx5

i guess this is the price to pay for being popular. LJR did say 2 years ago they intended to stretch and extend the brand as much as possible and gain extra models off the RRE platform. BMW have being doing it for years with the mini.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
11-12-2012 07:50am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It certainly isn't a mule for the next RRS as the engine bay hasn't been enlarged to take RRS bigger engines. The spy shots of RRS I have seen make it look like a shorter L405 FFRR with a steeper sloping roofline towards the rear.

As a single person who takes rear seat passengers very occasionally I have no issues with the current rear seating, as someone who uses the boot a lot I wish that the rear seat folding was the same as the RRS and FFRR with the tumbling system to provide a strong crash back against the rear of the two front seats so things in the boot don't come shooting through to the front under heavy braking and you get a flatter boot floor.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-12-2012 08:16am