Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque in Paris Car Show 2012
JiiPee

Evoque in Paris Car Show 2012

Paris Car Show is running now until Oct 14th - It's a massive event and I made a quick visit last night.

Of course I found my way into the LR stand and it was packed with people! So full, it was difficult to get photos let alone get inside the cars. I was not able to spot any significat changes in these cars to mine - the only being the new front grille with a LR badge on it. Here's a couple of photos. White was a ed4 and the red one dynamic. There's also one of the FFRR.

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 02:31pm by JiiPee.)
05-10-2012 11:28am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cutter7

RE: Evoque in Paris Car Show 2012

Looks like Jeremy Clarkson sat in the passenger seat in the Red Dynamic, and Didier Drogba looking in..Laughing

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 12:18pm by cutter7.)
05-10-2012 12:14pm
WB
WB

That New RR styling looks disappointing. Looks like it was designed by a committee who wouldn't allow the glass box to change and then imposed use of the chunked up 22" Style 6's which just don't look right and that odd silver strip down the side?

Just doesn't look like a cohesive design to me...
05-10-2012 01:48pm
invoke

I like the front bumper silver trim changed to corrugated fish mouth opening. Looks more sporty. Or it's just an illusion, looking at the tiny pics on my iPhone.

Regardless it all plastic, put a pressure with your fist and see how it jiggles.

Rolling Eyes
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 02:04pm by invoke.)
05-10-2012 02:02pm
JiiPee

Here's a couple more of the big RR in case you were interested...

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
05-10-2012 02:27pm
paulcon

Nope, still not convinced by the LR badge on the Evoque front grille. It just makes it look unbalanced imo.

Having said that my vanity will no doubt make me change my plain old, balanced-looking but now older-looking front grille to the newer one!

Black 'n Black SD4 Dynamic Lux 5-door with privacy.
05-10-2012 02:27pm
cjfp

"Nope, still not convinced by the LR badge on the Evoque front grille. It just makes it look unbalanced imo." +1 - unless it launches mini rockets too.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 03:09pm by cjfp.)
05-10-2012 03:09pm
JiiPee

(05-10-2012 03:09pm)cjfp Wrote:  "Nope, still not convinced by the LR badge on the Evoque front grille. It just makes it look unbalanced imo." +1 - unless it launches mini rockets too.

They might just be working on it! ...they just released the new Bond-theme afterall!

I have to admit that I was not looking for the new grille when I went to the stand but it caught my eye immediately when i approached the car. It's a small change but makes the front look different. Don't like it much either.

05-10-2012 04:04pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Is the FFRR Barolo or Barosa Black? There are now two Metallic Black/Reds for the FFRR as well as a blue black (Marianas Black) as well as a Brown Black (Bourneville) in the Autobiography paints. The light metallic beige is Eastbourne Beige (aka Luxor!)

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 06:04pm by XFullFatTim.)
05-10-2012 06:03pm
JiiPee

(05-10-2012 06:03pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Is the FFRR Barolo or Barosa Black? There are now two Metallic Black/Reds for the FFRR as well as a blue black (Marianas Black) as well as a Brown Black (Bourneville) in the Autobiography paints. The light metallic beige is Eastbourne Beige (aka Luxor!)

I would say it was a brown black Tim! It was the Autobiograhy for sure!

05-10-2012 10:36pm