Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque in Paris Car Show 2012
DaveR

RE: Evoque in Paris Car Show 2012

Remember the time when black was just.....well....black!
05-10-2012 10:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

(05-10-2012 02:27pm)paulcon Wrote:  Nope, still not convinced by the LR badge on the Evoque front grille. It just makes it look unbalanced imo.

+1 to that. I definately don't like the badge on the grille. It's a minor touch,but it's unbalanced and cheapened the look somewhat. I'm glad i've got one of the clean originals now.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
06-10-2012 01:07am
Jai

Evoque in Paris Car Show 2012

The FR RRE appears to have a misaligned door? Look at the fender trim lining up??? A few folks on here have reported the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06-10-2012 02:31am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Jai, do you mean in the 3rd photo? The shutline along the bonnet edge and the styling plastic is like that on all cars, when the bonnet is open that "line" is straight. I have always thought it looks odd and opens LR to claims of wonky alignment, but ever Evoque I have seen has the same 'trick of the light" effect

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-10-2012 09:37am
benzina

(06-10-2012 01:07am)benzina Wrote:  +1 to that. I definately don't like the badge on the grille. It's a minor touch,but it's unbalanced and cheapened the look somewhat. I'm glad i've got one of the clean originals now.

Below, is a recent article i found regarding the reasons why they added the badge on the grill. Still don't think the front badge was necessary....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Land Rover says it’s confused itself and the rest of us about which brand belongs to which.

"When the 2013 model year Range Rover Evoque is released check out the grille for one small but significant change: the addition of a Land Rover badge.

It’s symbolic of a renewed attempt within the company to emphasise that Range Rover is part of the over-arching Land Rover structure and not a luxury brand off on its own.

“For some reason someone decided we were going to keep Evoque completely separate from Land Rover when it was launched so there was no badge on the grille,” Land Rover’s Global Brand Director John Edwards told motoring.com.au.

“Complete, absolute madness.

“We are one brand called Land Rover. We have been very confused and we have confused everyone, but I am passionate that Land Rover is at the centre of everything we do.”

Mr Edwards says Land Rover is split into three segments; Range Rover goes after the luxury market, Land Rover Discovery and Freelander chases leisure sales and Land Rover Defender is all about utility.

So that means sticking a Land Rover badge on the front of the massively popular Evoque – as well as on the back, where it has been since the car’s launch in 2011 – and even issuing some PR photography of the car off-road and muddy.

“The Evoque is so much more than a pretty car,” said Mr Edwards. “Anyone can do pretty cars, but this is a pretty car with Land Rover at its heart. It’s rock hard, it’s designed to be capable. It is massively more capable than its BMW equivalent (X1).

“For me the magic ingredients of our cars are their iconic design and breadth of capability.”

While details of the 13MY Evoque are yet to be announced in Australia, it has broken cover in North America, where a new entry-level ‘Pure’ specification has been revealed.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 01:17pm by benzina.)
09-10-2012 01:14pm