Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Evoque Speccing
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Evoque Speccing

Sorry, yes according to the info I have there is also an engine designation badge but no mention if it is also coloured, only the badge delete option. If your car comes with the badging and you want to remove it then it is very easy to do with a hairdryer to soften the glue and some dental floss to cut through it

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-04-2011 09:52am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

@ FullFatTim

Your FFRR, a question on the glass if i can.

My mate has just got a new 4.4TDV8 FFRR, the rear privacy glass in the boot is dark black whichis what i want on my Evoque BUT the rear doors have a tinge of brown to them and dont match the other windows which i dont want. I fear the Evoque may be the same.

Have you seen this on the new 4.4 ?

Pete

As Tim said the EVOQUE badge on the reardoes come in different colours dependingon the model ordered.

Evoque badge in Silver 057GT on the PRESTIGE eD4 SD4 TD4
Evoque badge in Black 057GQ on the PURE eD4 SD4 TD4
Evoque badge in Red 057GS on the DYNAMIC SD4 & SI4

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2011 11:23am by bell-auto-services.)
10-04-2011 11:07am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim

Pete I have driven the 4.4 at the Scottish launch last October - but cannot say I noticed, but then I wasn't looking. I think I also know your mate who posts as Japseroony on other forums.................... he had a TDv8 RRS and a TDci Defender XS which he used to bring up here for weekend jaunts - now he has a V8 Disco1 for offroad playing. I will go and take a look at my own FFRR and see if I can notice any difference as it is a 2010MY but one of the last 3.6's

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-04-2011 11:34am
bell-auto-services

Yes Japseroony is the bloke im talking about with the windows, as you say he has a old D1 for offroading now, the puma has sold.

Ill try to get some pictures of his windows to show the differences.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
10-04-2011 11:37am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim

I've been out and checked and mine are uniform darkness all round, it is a heavy tint though and I wonder if it is really necessary of LR to make it so dark. My car at least has an all ivory interior but 2 of the 4.4TDv8's I drove had the full black interior and headlining and it was really too dark inside - IIRC Russell changed the spec on his to the lighter headlining after he ordered the full black undertaker spec and then asking us over on FullFatRR.com .............

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2011 11:42am by XFullFatTim.)
10-04-2011 11:41am
bell-auto-services

Humm May be its only the new 4.4 FFRR that has the different colour glass/tint then.

Ill see if i can get Russell to try and picture the differences we have seen on many of the new models, i dont really want this colour change in my Evoque. Id prefer tints than windows that are not uniform.

Pete

10-04-2011 12:05pm
XFullFatTim

One thing I have noticed with my tints is that frequently the self dipping rearview mirror doesn't dip because of the heavy tint, this means the door mirrors don't tint either which is a pain with some of the twits who have badly/ illegally installed xenons on cars never designed to have them - you don't get dazzle through the back glass because of the privacy glass, you do from the wing mirror!

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2011 12:39pm by XFullFatTim.)
10-04-2011 12:38pm
bell-auto-services

Has anyone seen the quoted Torque figures for the Evoque yet ? or are they the same as the freelander 2 ?

Pete

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2011 02:51pm by bell-auto-services.)
10-04-2011 02:51pm
XFullFatTim

Found the Si4's in the Auto-Express side table of info - 340Nms and the Autocar item shows SD4 as 310 at 1750rpm
The Freelander2 SD4 Auto is listed on the LR website as having 410Nm so I wonder if the Autocar item is incorrect

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2011 03:36pm by XFullFatTim.)
10-04-2011 03:25pm
bell-auto-services

Yes i think Autocar possibily have it wrong. 410Nm sounds about what it should be, or at least i hope it is.

Pete

10-04-2011 03:56pm