Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque - My hates!
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Evoque - My hates!

As far as I know Victoria Beckham's connection with the Evoque has nothing to do with the car you buy other than being an "ambassador" for the brand and having her own branded special edition.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-08-2012 01:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jettie1767

Slow backup camera!

'12 BMW M6 Convertible - San Marino Blue
'12 RR Evoque Coupe Dynamic - Santorini Black
'13 BMW X3 SAV - Space Gray
10-08-2012 06:14pm
AndyF

Roughly 4 weeks in...

Cruise control switch clicks but ignores me unless I press it in the centre. Typically I accelerate to my chosen speed, press the button and then slow down until I realise it has ignored me. It does display the CO2 graph that effectively confirms I've switched it on but I don't have the habit of looking at the instrument cluster when turning cruise control on - and I use cruise control a lot.

Automatic too slow when moving off, possibly not helped by turbo lag. I don't want it to be super quick (well not most of the time), I just don't want it to be as slow as a learner driver.

I don't know any way to browse my iPod music other than via the touch screen which is difficult to do when driving. This makes choosing an artist/album almost impossible. Surely there is some way to scroll up/down using the steering controls ?

Horrible time parking it as its too wide. You know its bad when you start to dread reaching your destination - every day.

Front parking sensors too easily fooled by rain (I assume its rain). Very annoying when I go into reverse and get a continuous tone due to the front sensors. I know I can turn them off, but it shouldn't be happening.

5dr, SD4 Dynamic, Auto, Lux.
15-08-2012 11:28pm
FujiSan

Too wide???

The car has always been that wide, nothing changed. Did you not test drive it? Did you not look at how wide it was?

What kind of complaint is that? Wink

Personally my test drive included town driving, motorway driving, a multi story car park and a spiffing little burst down a local bendy B road (I have to admit, that was a real blast!) before I made my final decision.

Only niggle I have, but I am used to it now, is the response time of the touch screen, but hey! It works.

TD4 Pure - Now a rare breed...

[Image: 131166.png]
16-08-2012 08:31am
jettie1767

Hmmm...I actually find the car not that wide and I think it's just the right size for a small suv.

'12 BMW M6 Convertible - San Marino Blue
'12 RR Evoque Coupe Dynamic - Santorini Black
'13 BMW X3 SAV - Space Gray
16-08-2012 02:31pm
Neo

Re: Evoque - My hates!

I dont find the evoque wide at all. Driving and parking is a breeze so far

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
16-08-2012 10:34pm
mark_n

I expect parking spaces in Oz are a bit wider than here in the land of the Whingeing Pom. The Evoque is definitely too wide for some parking spaces.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
16-08-2012 10:50pm
PhilSkill

And try our tiny country lanes when you have oncoming bizarre farm vehicles and school coaches...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
16-08-2012 11:10pm
AndyF

I find the car more difficult to park than any other car I've owned.

Yes I was able to reverse park the car between two others on one of my test drives, but that was on the dealers parking area, full of Range Rover sized parking slots. They seemed larger than the typical UK parking slots.

The car is roughly 10cm wider than any other I've owned and I'm fairly sure it has an inferior turning circle.

I expect it is pretty similar to the width of other US SUVs but I hear that US parking slots are larger than UK ones.

I have no problem with its width when driving.

The width is something I can't change, but I was rather hoping someone might know some way to navigate the artist/albums without using the touchscreen.

5dr, SD4 Dynamic, Auto, Lux.
16-08-2012 11:11pm
PhilSkill

Its got the tightest turning circle and quickest steering rack ive come across for a long time! Catches me out when nipping out of junctions quickly sometimes!

No way of browsing (USB) without touch screen to my knowledge.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
16-08-2012 11:49pm