Poll: Are you leaving off your engine badge?
No - I wear my badge with pride and want the world to know my choice
Yes - My choice of engine is private and if the world thinks I've chosen eD4, so be it
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Engine Badge Removal
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Engine Badge Removal

M30, don't tick the option to debadgeit. Take the car as it come complete with badges, see if you like it then borrow the wife's or GF's hairdryer and get some dental floss or fine gauge nylon fidhing line and take them off yourself - takes all of 30secs to soften the glue and remove the badges

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2011 09:51am by XFullFatTim.)
30-08-2011 09:50am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
M30 EVO

Cheers FFT, was thinking of doing it myself anyway...... takes me back to my boy racer days, having to remove the 1.0i badge and pretend its really a 2.0 GTI Embarrassed !!!!

On order: Dynamic SD4 Manual Coupe, Orkney Grey, Black Roof, Privacy Glass, Vortex Int, Ebony Headlining.

Delivery: Was 25/11/11, Currently 28/12/11..............
30-08-2011 10:03am
XFullFatTim

Then what you really need is one of these then http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-RANGE-...882wt_1026
or one of these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-RANGE-...882wt_1026

LaughingLaughing

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2011 10:18am by XFullFatTim.)
30-08-2011 10:15am
BFGEvoqueMan

I have ticked the remove badge option as it is one less to remove myself. On my Mercs and BMWs the letters are chromed and look expensive; the ones on my FL2 looked the cheapest and natiest plastic LR could make. I await to see what they look like on the RRE but...

I think I will be removing the Range Rover letters accross the back as well (they don't stand out with a white car anyway) depending on the quality of the letters. Either way the ones on the bonnet are definately coming off as IMHO they just cause untold dirt streaks in the winter from salt etc. The "Evoque" badge will get swapped for a black one and I am tempted to replace the LR badge with a natty Union jack one I have seen on e-bay (only so I can fly the flag over here in Germany and not because I want to hide the cars heritage)!Very HappyVery Happy

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
30-08-2011 10:48am
XFullFatTim

Friend of mine who lives in Germany found his FFRR was delivered with a very nice chrome Union flag badge stuck on the tailgate! He didn't ask for it, it was there when the car was delivered

30-08-2011 11:00am
Blackseries

(30-08-2011 11:00am)FullFatTim Wrote:  Friend of mine who lives in Germany found his FFRR was delivered with a very nice chrome Union flag badge stuck on the tailgate!

Yes I've seen those (mainly on Minis) ... they look nice.

Maybe I'll take the Evoque and engine badge off the left hand side and put a Chrome Union Flag on ..... to balance the LR badge on the other side.... or I may take all the badges off completely.
The rear of the car is quite small and I think with all its standard badges on it could look a bit cluttered.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
30-08-2011 11:58am
cobkelly

(28-08-2011 05:56pm)Token Wrote:  I'm having it removed...ive got the 190bhp diesel engine and quite happy for people to know that, but don't like badges.

Yep, same
30-08-2011 12:54pm
Gerbol

Just been for another test drive and it got me thinking, I have a black car on order and apparently the "Evoque" badge on the pure is also black?.
Does anyone know if this is correct and can they change this on a black car???? Confused

Arrived 01/03/12
Pure, TD4 5 Door, Santorini Black, Panoramic roof, 19" wheels, Front Fogs, Auto headlights/wipers, Auto dim mirror, electric memory seats with P/fold mirrors
Smile
13-09-2011 07:27pm
XFullFatTim

Gerboi, Duckworth parts has a few of the RED Evoque badges for sale. Removing the black one is dead easy, and they are stuck on with super heavy duty sticky pads on the back of each letter - the replacements even come on a template card so you get them in the right place. here is the post regarding red badges http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Red-Evoque-Badges

(This post was last modified: 13-09-2011 07:35pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-09-2011 07:34pm
DynamicRRV

Might stick more badges on the front,sides and dash just to remind myself that I bought the "expensive" one!LOL
13-09-2011 07:39pm