Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Eco Stop/Start problems
PhilSkill

RE: Eco Stop/Start problems

Yes you do become aware of how long traffic lights have been red for to determine whether to release the clutch, I do also turn it on and off during the journey if i'm not happy with it stopping somewhere.

This morning it never cut in, probably as it was used a lot yesterday and I stayed stopped for quite a while playing with the Sat Nav which probably brought the battery level down.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-08-2012 08:47am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ian aka Frank

One further note to add re: Eco Stop/Start, why dosen't the handbrake come on automatically when the engine stops?
16-09-2012 05:08pm
PhilSkill

If you start to move or even just roll over 2mph the engine will re-start, stopping the engine is not related to the handbrake. I theory it could but I guess better to leave that to the driver as normal or it could be seen as getting too invasive.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
16-09-2012 10:32pm
doug

It's a parking brake Smile

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
17-09-2012 09:16am
Ian aka Frank

(17-09-2012 09:16am)doug Wrote:  It's a parking brake Smile

Yes I know, but when at Traffic Lights I normally put on the 'handbrake' as stated in the Highway Code ( if waiting when they are at red ) so I don't glare the driver behind me with high level brake light, plus it is safer if you are hit from behind, as you would lift you foot off the footbrake instinctively if hit. So now back to my first post scenario. With the Eco on I would put my foot on the brake to stop, then the engine will stop (no handbrake). Now I will manually put on the handbrake then release my foot from the footbrake. I hope this goes some way to explain!!! It's not a serious thing with me, but what about an option in the setup menus for this?
18-09-2012 05:38pm
Griff449

ECO fault is now showing on my dash Sad No heater on either grrrrrrr

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
20-09-2012 08:27am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Griff not necessarily a trip to the dealership though - have a look at the dashboard warnings section in the owner's manual, it should tell you there if it is something to be concerned about.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-09-2012 08:49am
cjfp

(20-09-2012 08:27am)Griff449 Wrote:  ECO fault is now showing on my dash Sad No heater on either grrrrrrr

Are you sure that you haven't removed these items to have them painted ?? Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
20-09-2012 10:23am
Griff449

(20-09-2012 10:23am)cjfp Wrote:  Are you sure that you haven't removed these items to have them painted ?? Laughing

Now you mention it....... Laughing

No major fault warning on the dash but the ECO button won't even turn or nor activate and the message ECO Start Stop Fault is displayed on the information centre. Just annoying it's not working Confused

Must be a fix for it, even if it's a case of clearing the KAM

Landrover Assist me thinks

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
20-09-2012 05:43pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stunt

Found this thread on another forum

Looks like there is a known software yet unresolved issue Confused

http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/forum/...page2.html

Fuji SD4 Dynamic. Coupe. Manual, Privacy
09-10-2012 08:48pm