Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Eco Stop/Start problems
BobM

RE: Eco Stop/Start problems

It is fitted to the SD4 manual. It defaults ON on startup (small orange light 'ECO' to left off gearstick) but can be switched off after startup. Haven't had the car long (4 days now) but doesn't seem to cause any problems. I know that on other cars the starter is beefed up to cope so would assume LR is same.

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
06-03-2012 10:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

I thought it was a gimmick, but have found its barely noticable, except for the eiree silence at lights! When stuck on M5 for 1/2 hour+ it came into its own, Also select Dynamic mode and its disabled!
There is much less strain starting a warm engine that is already sychronised, it starts faster than from cold and needs barely any turning before the ignition takes over.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-03-2012 01:01am
Pedalpower

(06-03-2012 10:04pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  You are safe, it isn't fitted to the SD4. I agree with your sentiments The Macs and also doubt it's benefits or if owners actually ever use it.

its def on all manual cars, i drove a SD4 manual at the weekend and that def had it
08-03-2012 07:53am
pureevoque

Could you feel much of a difference power wise with the SD4 vs yours?

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
08-03-2012 10:44am
Pedalpower

Yes slightly, but nothing like i would have thought. The thing i did notice about going from 2wd to 4wd was the transmission drag, when you lift of the throttle and let the car coast the 4wd car slows down much more quickly than the 2wd, i guess this is to be expected, but was really noticeable. Other than that on the road you couldn't tell which was 2wd or 4wd.
08-03-2012 12:42pm
nishandf

Yes, I tried the heater power setting on low (maybe 2-3 lights) and the start/stop was definitely more active and came on. This was certainly noticeable in Jan/Feb when we had the cold temperatures and I had the heater power on full blast and the Start/Stop hardly activated. This was in stark contrast to my partner's VW Golf Bluemotion which seemed to stop even in the very cold temperatures, so definitely a different system used.
08-03-2012 06:15pm
cjfp

Just seen this on Topix, not sure of content though - anyone?

SSM58297 - Stop Start Reported Inop 12 MY Only

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
20-08-2012 08:56pm
cjfp

And here it is :-
As this is not a cure but a reference to a known issue currently without resolution, can I urge all who have what they believe to be this 'problem' to report it to their dealer so LR have a wider base upon which to investigate. Thx.

Reference
SSM58297

Models
Freelander 2
Range Rover Evoque

Title
Stop Start Reported Inop 12 MY Only

Category
Electrical

Last modified
27-Jul-2012 00:00:00

Symptom
203000 Basic Electrical

Content
Issue: Customers may report that their stop/start system no longer functions like it used to.

Cause: Under Investigation.

Action: Should a customer report this and there are no obvious faults on the vehicle please submit an Epqr as a visit may be arranged to view the vehicle

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
20-08-2012 10:37pm
PhilSkill

Well my SD4 start/stop is working perfectly at the moment! stopped at every traffic light tonight!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
20-08-2012 10:45pm
speary

On my dialy 17 mile trip to work my stop start sometimes seems to work ok and other times it doesnt stop at all. Traffic and weather conditions very similar.
To be honest I dont like stop start as it encourages you to keep the clutch depressed at traffic lights in case they change and this puts unnecessary strain on the clutch release bearing over the life of the car.
I am now in the habit of switching it off when I start the car.
It would be nice to have the option of permanently disabling it

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
21-08-2012 08:17am