Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Dynamic v Prestige
Token

RE: Dynamic v Prestige

I went for the Dynamic without really considering any of the other models because of the way it looks to be honest!

I was worried about the interior quality as I do want it to feel like a proper Range inside. However, having now seen them in the flesh, I am no longer concerned. The dash topper is much nicer than in most cars and whilst I would prefer leather (and tried to pay extra for it) it doesn't really make any difference...now Ive seen the cars, I wouldn't pay any more than £100 for the leather topper which given I've spent nearly £50k shows how little difference it makes in my view.

I would have preferred one of the light leather interiors of the Prestige but in some ways I'm glad I couldn't spec it...30k miles per year and little care, can make a light interior look quite tatty....so I'm probably better off with the dark interior. I do prefer the leather in the Dynamic...I know it's not as high quality buy I think it will wear much better.

I'm one of the very few that likes Piano Black so I've gone for that...(and that was about £200 extra so shows again how little the different dash means to me!)

It all depends on which way you naturally lean...sporty or luxury...there is another thread on what image an Evoque presents...I think that the Prestige and Dynamic present different images...one is not better than the other, but the image is different.

Doubt this helps make your decision, but if you are worried about the dash (like I was) then put it out your mind, because it's probably not the big deal you think it is.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
13-09-2011 08:52am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

I kept the silver trim to provide a bit of a contrast inside to my black interior and connect with my silver exterior but each to his own.

I agree with you about wear and tear. The prestige in ivory at Goodwood was looking quite tired after 3 days with all those denim-clad backsides sliding over the side bolsters. I think the Dynamic will be hard wearing and just fine for everyday, life-style use. If you have fine leather, you get paranoid about pressure dents from things like bags, one car I had developed a dent after just one day of an iPod bouncing around on a windscreen mount which never went away.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
13-09-2011 08:59am
andyuk

Has anyone seen the verve interior on a red car for real? I know I can see pics on website but you never really know what it looks like until you see it in the flesh.

Do I play safe & go ebony? Or shell I go 4 it & go with the verve which I think would look good but only if you have a Red car which I am ordering.

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
13-09-2011 12:35pm
paulus599

Yes, and to me it just doesn't look right at all. I think it would suit black or OG or silver (or virtually any other colour) a lot more, but the red on red looks odd, probably because they are similar shades, but not close enough (IMHO of course!).

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
13-09-2011 04:03pm
andyuk

I will need to check the exact colour of the Red strip then as I thought it would make the exterior but by the sounds of it it does not!

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
13-09-2011 10:00pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

At the Unleashed event they had a Stornoway Grey Dynamic Plus with the red interior - it wasn't as red inside as I though it would be, more crimson than scarlet!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-09-2011 10:06pm
andyuk

It's not the full red interior I am looking at it's the black with red stripe one.

13-09-2011 11:12pm
msalido

Does anybody know what means "premium interior trim"?. It is an extra in both model but I can't find what means.
14-09-2011 03:28pm