Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Dynamic v Prestige
Barneyridge

RE: Dynamic v Prestige

I have sat in both. I prefer the prestige interior, then again the Dynamic was the red black leather combo which I do not like. The Dynamic body kit does look the goods though.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
12-09-2011 11:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The Dynamic has the option of brushed aluminium,textured aluminium or gloss black fillet on the dash - so glad mine came with the Textured Aluminium as when I saw the gloss black one I wasn't sure it it was meant to be textured "piano black" or textured patent leather. Both the original and the new 2012 brochures I have show the Aluminium looking like brushed Aluminium but on mine it has "spots" of matt finish all over, which makes it the textured option. I've always preferred Range rovers with proper wood on the dash but the Aluminium suits the all black interior and gives it a bit of a brightness.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2011 11:30pm by XFullFatTim.)
12-09-2011 11:23pm
Barneyridge

(12-09-2011 11:23pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I've always preferred Range rovers with proper wood on the dash but the Aluminium suits the all black interior and gives it a bit of a brightness.

I think to wood is getting a bit old fashioned now and the aluminium does suit to modern design

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
12-09-2011 11:34pm
XFullFatTim

I'm not really a fan of Piano Black though and the pre 2010 FFRR's did their wood really well with not too much. The RRS's "wood" was the first wood I have encountered that had a razor sharp edge on it so instead of getting splinters you got a cut if you accidentally ran a finger along the edge of one of the dash/transmission tunnel hockey sticks Laughing

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-09-2011 11:41pm
andyuk

Ok I am swaying towards the Dynamic more & more so my next question would be Velocity or Verve interior to match the exterior red/black roof?

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
12-09-2011 11:42pm
XFullFatTim

With the red exterior the verve interior isn't quite so in your face! IMHO its a good combination, it would probably take the Strata IP finisher better than the Velocity does too. Are you going for a Plus?I ask because the Velocity is the interior of the Dynamic Plus, Verve is the interior of the "non" Plus car. In the Plus the red interior is called Agility and on the non plus car the ebony interior is called the Vortex............ confusing isn't it?

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2011 11:49pm by XFullFatTim.)
12-09-2011 11:45pm
ant

I've got the brushed aluminium on the centre console and the Macassar wood finisher on the dash, which I think looks classically cool!!!
ANTCoolCool

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
13-09-2011 12:40am
memota

Incidentally it seems more discussion here is on Pure vs. Dynamic. Is Prestige not very popular in the UK?
13-09-2011 12:44am
ant

(13-09-2011 12:44am)memota Wrote:  Incidentally it seems more discussion here is on Pure vs. Dynamic. Is Prestige not very popular in the UK?

It is with me, but I'd prefer the Dynamic exterior.
ANTVery Happy

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
13-09-2011 01:00am
andyuk

(12-09-2011 11:45pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  With the red exterior the verve interior isn't quite so in your face! IMHO its a good combination, it would probably take the Strata IP finisher better than the Velocity does too. Are you going for a Plus?I ask because the Velocity is the interior of the Dynamic Plus, Verve is the interior of the "non" Plus car. In the Plus the red interior is called Agility and on the non plus car the ebony interior is called the Vortex............ confusing isn't it?

Yeah sorry the choice is between the standard all black or the red stripe interior. As I mentioned my exterior is Red with black contrast roof.

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
13-09-2011 08:14am