Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dynamic Kit Prices Here
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Dynamic Kit Prices Here

Put a patent/ copyright on it................ ££££££££££££££££££££££££'s of royalties

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-08-2011 03:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ezandania

Umm...the tailgate spoiler is the black aeroflip right? It houses an antennae? Really?

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
26-08-2011 08:03pm
XFullFatTim

the aeroflip doesn't hold any antennae, the antennae are in the "lump" on the main spoiler

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-08-2011 08:20pm
mark_n

Interesting that the demo cars damaged are put out to a commercial bodyshop to be fixed. Clearly, once the car is out of the plant, they're damaged goods and they don't want to know. There was talk of these cars being scrapped, it would be interesting to know if they actually find their way on to the used market as ex-demonstrators.

As for the cost of the dynamic mods, is it really worth it? You'll get nothing back come re-sale time. Certainly suggests LR should stop all this pure/prestige/dynamic nonsense and let the customers configure what they want.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 26-08-2011 08:57pm by mark_n.)
26-08-2011 08:55pm
SW6RR

Mark, agree with you, it's too dear to do it the way I'm doing it.

Is it worth it though? Maybe... I think I'll see dynamics driving around and wish I'd done it. It's the car I want, so why not? The resale aspect doesn't really bother me.
Oh, and you're right... LR should let people spec it that way to start off with!

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
(This post was last modified: 26-08-2011 09:04pm by SW6RR.)
26-08-2011 09:03pm
XFullFatTim

The press cars used on the Liverpool and Angelsey days for journos will probably end up in the crusher as they seem to have weird specs that will not be registered in the computer system.
The Event cars could well end up in the dealer only "closed" auctions after a spell in the workshops.
I suspect that LR are using an approved repair shop rather than shipping damaged cars back to the factory is that they will have fitted out the repairers with diagnostic kit etc and they may be using it as an opportunity to train dealership service/ repair staff. The logistics of shipping cars back to the factory which is reported to be working flat out to make our cars probably is too difficult. At least using local repair bays they can have the car back in service fairly quickly

(This post was last modified: 26-08-2011 09:13pm by XFullFatTim.)
26-08-2011 09:12pm
mark_n

I know we are only a few days from first customer deliveries but the gestation period of this car seems to have been unbelievably long. On September 9th, the car will have to stand on its own two feet without LR minders wheeling it out of sight when it throws a sulk. I expect the interested motoring public are, by now, "Evoque'd out". As the little old lady used to say in the Wendy's ads, "Where's the Beef?".

Hopefully, seeing real cars on the street (motorway hard shoulder with bonnet raised?) will revive their interest.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
26-08-2011 11:03pm
Blackseries

Just driven 400 miles ........spotted two separate BMW 5 Series both 11 regs on the hard shoulder with their bonnets up

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
27-08-2011 12:44am
XFullFatTim

A story! When Ford launched the XR3 many moons ago, my father drove his white one out of the dealership in Bristol and onto the M5 toward Scotland on launch day.................. he got about 10 miles and the engine made strange noises and died, completely dead with bits on the road.
He called for assistance and Ford sent a covered flatbed truck to recover the car back to the dealership where they announced "Oh we know what the problem is without even opening the bonnet - a batch of duff engines has gone through the factory and we don't know which cars have them!" My Dad was issued with a loaner car and continued up to Scotland. 10 days later he returned the loaner and collected his now much better XR3 (this was long before the XR3i was launched). In his ownership that car went on to do 120000 completely fault free miles and was then sold to my sister who put another 60000 miles on it before somebody's speedboat leapt off its trailer on the local roads and landed on the XR3's bonnet killing it!

(This post was last modified: 27-08-2011 08:54am by XFullFatTim.)
27-08-2011 08:52am
Blackseries

BTW as I have a Black car I'm probably only going to get the rear bumper done. The lower front bumper kick plate can just be painted to match the back and I may paint the rear boot finisher Black to calm down the amount of bright work on the car (being a Prestige it will have chrome round the bottom of the windows the standard Dynamic doesn’t have)

So it will end up looking a bit like this - but with the chrome window highlights
BTW the reason I called it Prestige "Sport" is that all the Dynamic bits in the parts catalogue are referred to as Sport i.e. - Sport Front Bumper .... Sport Finisher. .....etc.etc... rather than Dynanic Front Bumper...

Plus "Prestige Sport" sounded a lot better and is much less of a mouthful than "Prestige with Dynamic pack"

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 28-08-2011 09:18am by Blackseries.)
28-08-2011 09:08am