Dynamic Kit Prices Here
SW6RR

RE: Dynamic Kit Prices Here

Good call. I'll check with them.
25-08-2011 04:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blackseries

(25-08-2011 04:41pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  check with your insurance company that they don't want loadsamoney more in premium for "modifying" your car to look like a Dynamic when it is a Prestige.

When you talk to your insurance company make sure they know these items COULD have been fitted at the factory i.e. they are standard on other models. When you build a BMW or Mercedes 2 cars are rarely the same.... my insurance company just wants to know that the items are standard BMW / Merc bits which they are .... just added. My premium has never gone up ... and I've had AMG & Brabus bits fitted too. I agree with FFT you need to tell them but couch it in terms that you are having standard LR items fitted and it shouldn't be an issue.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
25-08-2011 08:06pm
andyuk

Anyone have a price for the Black Front Grill & side grills?

Thanks

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
26-08-2011 01:06am
SW6RR

OK Dynamic bodykit fans - first quote is in (from the approved LR bodyshop, so you keep your manufactourer guarantee, etc, etc) aaaaaaand......

...it's bad!

I am still verifying with them whether all of this kit is actually required (I'm only interested in the front and rear bumpers, the sills and the exhaust section, as I suspect is the same for most people). I expect that we can take away the grills and possibly the wheel arches (or possibly not, actually, given that they are probably required in order for all the bodywork to line up...).

I will let you know what the updated quote is.

For now though, here is the parts list:

MUFFLER
LHF BEZEL
RHF BEZEL
LHF UPP BEZEL
RHF UPP BEZEL
MUFFLER HEAT SHIELD
CLIPS X4
LHF DEFLECTOR
RHF DEFLECTOR
LHF LWR BEZEL
LHF LWR BEZEL
LHR FINISHER
RHR FINISHER
LHR TOW EYE COVER
RHR TOW EYE COVER
FRONT BUMPER
REAR BUMPER
RHR WHEELARCH
LHR WHEELARCH
CAR CARE KIT
FRONT GRILLE
FRT CENTRE COVER
LH SIDE VENT
RH SIDE VENT
RH DOOR VENT
LH DOOR VENT
TAILGATE SPOILER
SILLS

Parts: £2,781.42
Paint materials: £550
Additional items: £183.50
Labour: £1,620.45

VAT: £1,027.07

TOTAL: £6,162.44

ShockedSad
OK - Update!

Some of the parts can be removed from the test order above, as suspected. The grilles, the vents and the rear spolier (which is actually very expensive because it houses the antenna) can all be disregarded (at least, for what I'm after).

Essentially then, prices below represent new front bumper, new rear bumper, new sills and new exhaust.

Parts: £1,793.17
Labour: £1,345.50

VAT: £774.43

TOTAL: £4,646.60
(This post was last modified: 26-08-2011 11:50am by SW6RR.)
26-08-2011 11:18am
Blackseries

(26-08-2011 11:18am)SW6RR Wrote:  Essentially then, prices below represent new front bumper, new rear bumper, new sills and new exhaust.

Parts: £1,793.17
Labour: £1,345.50

VAT: £774.43

TOTAL: £4,646.60

OK we have a start point .... Many thanks SW!

The labour figure does seem high .... the parts price is copeable. Come 9th Sept I'm taking a Dynamic & a Prestige to my body shop to get them to have a look / do a quote - let’s see what they come up with.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
26-08-2011 12:04pm
SW6RR

Yes, it does seem high. Having said that, I spoke to them on the phone and they said that LR have been sending all of the damaged Evoques from the driving days to them for repairs because they've been doing a good job on them. Obviously they are going to pitch themselves, but short of out and out lying, that sounds a pretty good pitch to me - reassuring that they will have actually worked on the cars before.

It's probably going to come down to saving a few hundred quid on labour. Might pay that for piece of mind (and the continuing LR g'tee on the paintwork, etc).
26-08-2011 12:07pm
Blackseries

(26-08-2011 12:07pm)SW6RR Wrote:  LR have been sending all of the damaged Evoques from the driving days to them for repairs

ALL OF THE DAMAGED CARS ...... good grief how many were there!

Not only do these journos not know anything about the cars they are driving ..... but sounds like they also can't actually drive!!!

Point taken about the g'tee etc. Lets just see the difference.......

26-08-2011 12:14pm
SW6RR

In a fit of heart-lead enthusiasm, I have just taken the plunge on the bodykit. I might be paying a few hundred quid over the odds for the labour, but in the grand scheme of £4k+ I can probably live with that (especially since these guys know what they're doing!)

I might be the first person to take delivery of a Prestige "Sport"...!

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
(This post was last modified: 26-08-2011 03:15pm by SW6RR.)
26-08-2011 03:15pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Spending all that money SW, you might as well spend £23 more and get one of these and remove the HSE bit.......
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Rare-RANGE...774wt_1026

Or for £20 one of these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/boot-badge-RAN...1055wt_907

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 26-08-2011 03:37pm by XFullFatTim.)
26-08-2011 03:35pm
SW6RR

Yes and then present myself at Gaydon and demand that they start offering the Prestige Sport for sale...

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
26-08-2011 03:42pm