Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dynamic Dash Material
gmaker

Dynamic Dash Material

I'm sure I have read somewhere that it is possible to get the dynamic dash in leather but without going for the whole dynamic plus option.

Could someone please confirm if this is true or not, how much it is, and if it is a dealer option or done at the factory?

I've ordered a dynamic and although haven't seen the dash covering get the impression from posts that the leather is much nicer than the standard textured finish of the dynamic. However, I don't want to go for the plus pack as I feel the seats are a bit over the top for a car like this.
08-08-2011 09:35am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamicRRV

RE: Dynamic Dash Material

It's not possible I'm afraid.
08-08-2011 11:19am
Blackseries

(08-08-2011 09:35am)gmaker Wrote:  Could someone please confirm if this is true or not, how much it is, and if it is a dealer option or done at the factory?

You can order it as a spare part (Prestige Oxford Black Leather). The cost is under £600 - (this includes both sides of the dashboard) but does not include fitting.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2011 05:49pm by Blackseries.)
08-08-2011 05:48pm
Mike

Have you seen the Dynamic dash? its ok, don't think you need to worry about the leather in fact I think the prestige with the leather dash is a bit OTT. Had a look at 40 cars yesterday at the drive event in York.

Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Man
Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Black Roof and Headlining
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
08-08-2011 05:51pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Well I am assured that the dash on my FFRR is leather but it most certainly is not! It is also the same soft feel material of the Dynamic and while several of my friends have commented how lovely the acres of the stuff on the FFRR dash is the one thing they all comment is how good an imitation it is. It just doesn't have the feel of leather.................... and stitches in leather look like stitches in leather, not moulded into the material, but it is very convincing! Will try to get a photo and post it. The Dynamic I drove I didn't really notice the dash topper

FFRR dash topper
[Image: file-3.jpg]
[Image: file-1.jpg]
[Image: file.jpg]

This is the real thing on a door trim and a chair
[Image: file-5.jpg]
[Image: file-4.jpg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2011 06:49pm by XFullFatTim.)
08-08-2011 05:57pm
mark_n

The most important parts to have in real leather are the ones you touch - steering wheel, seat facings, door pulls. There's little point having leather where you don't touch it unless it is good quality leather. Lower quality leather has grain embossed into it between a pair of rollers.

There's no doubting the quality of the Prestige leather but I do wonder how many people are fretting about the leather while ignoring things like better headlights and adaptive damping. This is first and foremost a car, not your sitting room sofa.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
08-08-2011 06:49pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I quite agree Mark, I would rather have the finish the car comes with and use the money that it would cost to change the dash over to something from another model in the range to buy something safety related or a space saver tyre

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-08-2011 06:59pm
Gorjan

(08-08-2011 06:49pm)mark_n Wrote:  The most important parts to have in real leather are the ones you touch - steering wheel, seat facings, door pulls. There's little point having leather where you don't touch it unless it is good quality leather. Lower quality leather has grain embossed into it between a pair of rollers.

There's no doubting the quality of the Prestige leather but I do wonder how many people are fretting about the leather while ignoring things like better headlights and adaptive damping. This is first and foremost a car, not your sitting room sofa.

Maybe because many are very style/image contious and have ordered the car just based on looks (and maybe the RR logo) without test driving it or reading a review Smile

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
08-08-2011 08:51pm
berlin2011

(08-08-2011 08:51pm)Gorjan Wrote:  Maybe because many are very style/image contious and have ordered the car just based on looks (and maybe the RR logo) without test driving it or reading a review Smile

…..that must then be pretty much all most of us on this forum….. see the poll conducted on the topic.

33 votes cast, 30 of them prestige interior

The issue at hand here is not the choices people make or tradeoffs done, it is LR's market segmentation strategy that forces us to go down one or the other path.

If the poll's anything to go by most of us like bits of both variants and if LR would ever make it an option that would be the preferred choice for most.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2011 09:09pm by berlin2011.)
08-08-2011 08:59pm