Poll: Who would choose - if available - a Dynamic exterior with a Prestige interior?
Still choose a Dynamic with a currently available Dynamic interior
Choose a Dynamic exterior but with a Prestige interior
Still choose a Prestige with a currently available Prestige interior
Choose a Prestige exterior but with a Dynamic interior
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dynamic Outside... Prestige Interior
Blackseries

Dynamic Outside... Prestige Interior

I know I'm a bit like a cracked record on this one but many moons ago I did a poll of who would choose - if available - a Dynamic with a Prestige interior.... at the time not many people responded .... however I’m now wondering with more people having seen all the variants if peoples thoughts have changed

And just in case LR are listening....

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2011 11:53am by Blackseries.)
01-08-2011 11:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Dynamic Outside... Prestige Interior

I'm not a great fan of sparkly bits on the outside of Range Rovers, but I do like light and airy interiors and Dynamic interiors are all quite dark and sporty doesn't have to be dark and dingy unless of course you order a Dynamic Plus when all you have is tart's boudoir Red or undertakers' Black

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2011 07:30am by XFullFatTim.)
02-08-2011 07:29am
ant

It's what I wanted from the start - a Dynamic exterior with a Prestige (light) interior. Unfortunately, not currently possible, so I've ordered the Prestige with Ambience. Like Blackseries, I'll probably end up adding the Dynamic front and rear bumpers and exhausts. A quick spray in matt black of the shiny bits should get the look I want.
Happy days, but I would have preferred those options to be available from LR at the ordering stage. Perhaps LR will listen and add those options - it can't be that hard for the line to accomodate that - they interupt the line to spray the contrast roof, after all.
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
02-08-2011 08:38am
ant

It's what I wanted from the start - a Dynamic exterior with a Prestige (light) interior. Unfortunately, not currently possible, so I've ordered the Prestige with Ambience. Like Blackseries, I'll probably end up adding the Dynamic front and rear bumpers and exhausts. A quick spray in matt black of the shiny bits should get the look I want.
Happy days, but I would have preferred those options to be available from LR at the ordering stage. Perhaps LR will listen and add those options - it can't be that hard for the line to accomodate that - they interupt the line to spray the contrast roof, after all.
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
02-08-2011 08:38am
mark_n

Difficult to be sure but it seems there's something like a £3000 value trade between Prestige and Dynamic. Prestige gets more/better leather and metallic as NCO. Dynamic gets painted sills, magnaride, illuminated tread plates as standard, less leather, bigger wheels. I expect then that a Dynamic with Prestige interior would cost £3000 more - at least - than either of the others. I'd like to see them drop the premium for the 3 door or at least bundle something to compensate.

Perhaps you should buy one of each and swap parts over till you get what you want, then try to sell on what's left.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
02-08-2011 09:40am
berlin2011

I'm guessing the 2 votes (atm) that will stick with Dynamic interior in Dynamic are taking the Dynamic Plus option? Perhaps the poll should be Dynamic with 'standard' Dynamic interior vs Dynamic with Prestige interior.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
02-08-2011 09:52am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I'm going for the Dynamic Plus on mine but there are only two colour schemes and both make the interior dark without the panoramic roof

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-08-2011 09:56am
paulus599

I'm more than happy with the Prestige and Prestige interior. The only part of the Dynamic that I prefer is the square exhausts, certainly not enough to make me change them though.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
02-08-2011 10:59am
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Think you're spot on Mark about costings. From the beginning when we learnt about the three models it was always my interpretation that the Dynamic was going to be more sporty and I think Fuji and Firenze suit that car really well along with the black and black/red interiors. Prestige (I'd hoped) was going to be a smaller version of a luxury FF or RRS that I'd always hoped to have but quite frankly couldn't afford. I think they should add a lighter interior to the Dynamics but hope it's not ambience or element so they remain with the Prestige. I think JLR want to make sure the three models have very separate identities. I only ever liked the Prestige so am happy. Very Happy
02-08-2011 11:17am
Blackseries

(02-08-2011 09:40am)mark_n Wrote:  I expect then that a Dynamic with Prestige interior would cost £3000 more - at least - than either of the others.

My calculation is the upgrade cost of the Prestige interior is £1800 (over and above a Pure).

Therefore if on the Dynamic build configurator there was a box that said “Prestige interior” and had a price of £1800 would you tick it?

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
03-08-2011 08:37pm