Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dual Screen Questions
andyuk

Dual Screen Questions

Hi there i am very tempted at adding this to my order but just wanted to find out from people who may have this as an option & how it works etc. I don't really want the TV option but to play movies whilst driving for passengers may be an option i fancy going with!

I presume that passengers can watch a movie etc while the driver sees the Sat Nav but i take it the driver will hear the movie so what happens to the Sat Nav instructions do they overide the movie?

2. I think i am right in thinking we get a pair of wireless headphones if this option is picked but does the stereo come with a headphone jack at all?

I also dont want to put back my order of the evoque so slightly worried if i add this option it may change my delivery date.

Thanks

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
30-09-2011 02:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ant

RE: Dual Screen Questions

You're right - the passenger can watch a DVD or TV and the driver can see the sat nav on the same screen. If you do not turn on the wireless headphones, then the driver will her the audio from DVD or TV. If the passenger wears the headphones the audio to the speakers is muted. This means the driver can listen to the radio while the passenger entertains him/her self.
The sat nav voice instructions override audio from the speakers.
Hope this helps.
ANTVery Happy

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
30-09-2011 02:36pm
andyuk

Sounds good.

So the Dynamic comes with a DVD drive as well as a USB drive correct?

Can the driver listen to a streaming IPhone whilst the passenger watches a film? Or is it just radio.

I am not really interested in the TV bit just movies really so I don't have to get the TV bit & Dual Screen together do I?

Also does the stereo have a headphone jack or does it have to be wireless headphones?

I am tempted but I am pushing my limit for this car already!

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2011 05:43pm by andyuk.)
30-09-2011 05:38pm
andyuk

Think the best bet is to go to my dealers & see it in action to see exactly what it can do!

30-09-2011 09:40pm
andyuk

Just a couple of extra questions!

If the TV options was specced what channels are available?

Can I stream a video source from my IPad to the screen?

30-09-2011 11:22pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

a) All digital and analogue terrestrial channels that are not subscription can be received.
b) Not if they are stored in Apple's strange format for iTunes, but the more common formats can be viewed using an iPod cable connection via the socket in the centre cubby box

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2011 11:44pm by XFullFatTim.)
30-09-2011 11:43pm
andyuk

(30-09-2011 11:43pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  a) All digital and analogue terrestrial channels that are not subscription can be received.
b) Not if they are stored in Apple's strange format for iTunes, but the more common formats can be viewed using an iPod cable connection via the socket in the centre cubby box

Is it worth me spending £600 for the dual view? Not too bothered about the TV bit

30-09-2011 11:56pm
XFullFatTim

How much value do you put on providing entertainment for your passenger?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-10-2011 09:33am
cutter7

Does Your Post Code TV license, cover you to view the channels i wonder?

01-10-2011 09:43am
XFullFatTim

Your car is also registered to the same postcode? I don't have a TV in the house yet I have to have a TV licence to watch BBC iPlayer and other online TV channels so I'm still covered for the car.

01-10-2011 09:49am