Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Slightly Dissapointed after test drive.....
mark_n

RE: Slightly Dissapointed after test drive.....

Pardon me while I yawn.

Thank you for the review, I'm pleased you like the Si4.

For now, LR have judged the price perfectly. Can you imagine what the lead-time would be if the car was 5k cheaper? In time, demand may slacken and they may be forced to offer better value by bundling more in with the car. For now, like a Prada handbag, people will pay what it takes to get one. Audi must be crying into their beer.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
29-09-2011 08:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqess

Firstly - I think I'm going to start stalking you Token! I really like your posts, with or without wine Smile

I was reading the initial post and started thinking that maybe the Evoque -even the five door- isn't a great choice as baby/toddlers movers. There are some fabulous people movers/mini vans out there - of course I'd never have one because I don't qualify (checked my second bedroom and there are definitely no children in there, just a Dahon folding bike and my Apple products).
I would feel guilty about kidlets not being able to see out the windows!
I'm sure that won't stop some people, but if you make a lost of essential criteria for a new vehicle, passenger comfort might be one. As for kidlets watching rear entertainment - well, whatever happened to gazing at the outside world as it passes. The younger generation spends so much time with TV, computers, cell phones as it is.

No, I'm convinced - the Evoque is for uber cool types, singles, couples, car enthusiasts - but everyone can't have one and that's what all the other vehicles out there are for! Including Q5s and BMWs. Wink
That the pricing is about right is reflected in the roaring pre-sales!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
29-09-2011 11:10pm
Spiderman

(29-09-2011 06:51pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  Thanks everyone for the replies. I like the analogy with the laptops. I guess LR have got it right with price as still going to get one(guess I had a case of cold feet). Rsk21, you're right, only have to look at one and I want one. I remember the first time I saw one on the road, damn near gave myself whiplash as it went past. Guess you can put a price on desirabilty.
I'm now trying to think about my drive in the dynamic and whether i liked it so much because of the petrol engine or the way the AD worked, which you could definetely feel. I'm def going for the SD4 auto as don't want two cars that are expensive to run. prestige, dynamic, prestige , dynamic. choices choices my initial choice was orkney grey in dynamic with privacy and verve interior, but then again, prestige in black with vibe(like ambiance but wth kids not too sure it'll work)....i give myself a headache thinking about this

I went to see an OG & Black Panoramic Roof Evoque with the Verve interior the other day, as that colourway was on my radar for my 2nd Evoque, however, the Verve interior did not work with that exterior combination, it really clashed IMO & once I get back to the PC to upload the pics here I'm sure you will agree. The Verve interior looks brilliant in a Black or White Evoque...the Pursuit Leather combo works very well in an OG & Black Pano Roof though, but if you opt for this remember to leave the headliner Ivory as it then all blends seamlessly....

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
29-09-2011 11:34pm
gead

Evoqess...the kids can just look up instead of out....lol when my four year old sat inside an evoque with a pano roof, he was sold!...so was I....

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2011 11:38am by gead.)
03-10-2011 11:37am
Evoqess

Hey Gead - you have a point. I remember lying in the back of my dad's Datsun 240Z and star gazing. Great memory. Just don't put a rack loaded with snowboards up there Wink

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
03-10-2011 08:40pm