Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Compare standard audio with Meridian
FL22EV

Compare standard audio with Meridian

I am specc'ing an Evoque and, looking at the options, I wonder if there are opinions as to the value (£600+) of upgrading to the Meridian setup, over the standard (in Evoque SE) audio setup.
I WILL test listen of course but I am interested in others who have considered this decision & why they made their choice.
Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2015 03:33pm by FL22EV.)
07-11-2015 03:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadt Panzer

RE: Compare standard audio with Meridian

I've always had the Meridian setup option on my Evoque's and only once did I take a test Evoque out for a ride with the fitted standard system. There is (in my humble opinion) a vast difference between the two, I found the standard system somewhat lacking whereas the Meridian system has a better sound but again that's only my opinion.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
07-11-2015 04:37pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Compare standard audio with Meridian

Be careful though, new cars now are coming with a 180w system whereas previously the base was a 380w with the upgrade being the 825w. I had the 825w system in both my Evoques as part of the Lux pack. I now have the 380w system on my RRS and while it is OK for news and voice broadcasts it isn't a patch on the 825w systems from my Evoques for music. I believe that the upgrade audio in Evoque is the same as RRS2, you now have to pay extra for what was standard and the "basic" set-up last year. How LR can even think of charging £4000 extra to have the 1700w system in RRS2 I just don't know, it might be a great system but it isn't £4000 better!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2015 12:26am by XFullFatTim.)
08-11-2015 12:22am