babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Compare standard audio with Meridian - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Compare standard audio with Meridian (/Thread-Compare-standard-audio-with-Meridian)

Compare standard audio with Meridian - FL22EV - 07-11-2015 03:11pm

I am specc'ing an Evoque and, looking at the options, I wonder if there are opinions as to the value (£600+) of upgrading to the Meridian setup, over the standard (in Evoque SE) audio setup.
I WILL test listen of course but I am interested in others who have considered this decision & why they made their choice.
Thanks.

RE: Compare standard audio with Meridian - Stadt Panzer - 07-11-2015 04:37pm

I've always had the Meridian setup option on my Evoque's and only once did I take a test Evoque out for a ride with the fitted standard system. There is (in my humble opinion) a vast difference between the two, I found the standard system somewhat lacking whereas the Meridian system has a better sound but again that's only my opinion.

RE: Compare standard audio with Meridian - XFullFatTim - 08-11-2015 12:22am

Be careful though, new cars now are coming with a 180w system whereas previously the base was a 380w with the upgrade being the 825w. I had the 825w system in both my Evoques as part of the Lux pack. I now have the 380w system on my RRS and while it is OK for news and voice broadcasts it isn't a patch on the 825w systems from my Evoques for music. I believe that the upgrade audio in Evoque is the same as RRS2, you now have to pay extra for what was standard and the "basic" set-up last year. How LR can even think of charging £4000 extra to have the 1700w system in RRS2 I just don't know, it might be a great system but it isn't £4000 better!