Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do I need to buy an Ipod cable?
MrHooky

Do I need to buy an Ipod cable?

Car is being delivered imminently (once private plate is transferred over!) so I just wanted to check if I need to buy an Ipod cable or is there already an Ipod lead in the glovebox or arm rest to connect?

If not presuming I'd need USB to Apple connector?

Thanks in advance!

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
02-04-2012 10:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Do I need to buy an Ipod cable?

Yes, they don't come free with the car unfortunately unlike in the FFRR and RRS

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-04-2012 10:32pm
MrHooky

(02-04-2012 10:32pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Yes, they don't come free with the car unfortunately unlike in the FFRR and RRS

In that case can anybody recommend a good item? I've bought previous headphone to headphone aux input cables off eBay and had some real tat. Don't want to compromise on the quality. Am I right in thinking it's USB to Apple connector then?

Apple don't seem to recognise LR/RR!

http://www.apple.com/uk/ipod/car-integration/#bmw

(02-04-2012 10:57pm)MrHooky Wrote:  In that case can anybody recommend a good item? I've bought previous headphone to headphone aux input cables off eBay and had some real tat. Don't want to compromise on the quality. Am I right in thinking it's USB to Apple connector then?

Apple don't seem to recognise LR/RR!

http://www.apple.com/uk/ipod/car-integration/#bmw

Being such a complete idiot in that my ipod has that very cable. Time for bed me thinks...

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2012 11:08pm by MrHooky.)
02-04-2012 10:57pm
The Valeter

Never had an i-pod or any other device like it as I have allways gone the traditional route with CD's. However when we first looked at the Evoque I did say to the wife that if we buy an Evoque then I will get an i-pod given it has the socket. I bought one on Saturday which came with a lead & have just done the i-tunes thing on my computer & will upload my many CD's to it

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
03-04-2012 12:28am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spiderman

No.....you do not need to buy a iPod cable now as Evoque Model Year 2012 has a different iPod connector, you now get 2 USB connectors in the central storage/glove box & 1 of them takes your standard iPod cable that comes with the iPod...[/b]

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 01:39pm by Spiderman.)
03-04-2012 12:34am
XFullFatTim

BUT, if you don't own an iPod/iPad/iPhone then you have to go out and buy a cable that will connect your MP3 player (or whatever you want to call it) to the audio system. If you already have an iPhone/iPod then you don't need to buy a cable as the one that comes with it will work in the car......................... Aren't all Evoque produced to date 2012MY cars? The 2011MY cars were all the press cars.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 09:51am by XFullFatTim.)
03-04-2012 09:50am
Spiderman

(03-04-2012 09:50am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  BUT, if you don't own an iPod/iPad/iPhone then you have to go out and buy a cable that will connect your MP3 player (or whatever you want to call it) to the audio system. If you already have an iPhone/iPod then you don't need to buy a cable as the one that comes with it will work in the car......................... Aren't all Evoque produced to date 2012MY cars? The 2011MY cars were all the press cars.

There have been some changes to the Models iPod Connection Ports, when I owned my original Sept 2011 Evoque the standard cable that came with my iPod would not work, I needed to use a different iPod cable which came with the car and was similar to those as required in a FFRR, however, our latest March 2012 Evoque takes the standard iPod cable...so doubtless it's one of the tweaks LR have made as the model has evolved...

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 01:47pm by Spiderman.)
03-04-2012 01:46pm
XFullFatTim

Interesting as I have always used the Apple white one since taking delivery last September, with no problems. The FFRR/RRS one was a much heavier gauge coiled thing.

03-04-2012 05:07pm
WB
WB

(03-04-2012 05:07pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Interesting as I have always used the Apple white one since taking delivery last September, with no problems.
+1 for my October build / November delivered car.
03-04-2012 09:11pm