Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sat Nav
dux

Sat Nav

Hi all,

Got my new wheels on saturday and i'm really impressed. Moved up from a Freelander, and its a different planet to be honest. I'm enjoying everything with one exception.

Unless i'm being thick (very possible), plus I have had 3 other family members take a look.

But when you goto the postcode entry on the satnav it want numbers only all the alpha's are blacked out ?

Am i doing something wrong ?

Thank you all for a very informative site, which sold me on purchasing a RRE.

On order for march 2012 delivery: black dynamic plus with lux pack + privacy glass
02-04-2012 09:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

RE: Sat Nav

(02-04-2012 09:28pm)dux Wrote:  Hi all,

Got my new wheels on saturday and i'm really impressed. Moved up from a Freelander, and its a different planet to be honest. I'm enjoying everything with one exception.

Unless i'm being thick (very possible), plus I have had 3 other family members take a look.

But when you goto the postcode entry on the satnav it want numbers only all the alpha's are blacked out ?

Am i doing something wrong ?

Thank you all for a very informative site, which sold me on purchasing a RRE.

It should offer alphabetic options at the start, then switch to numeric after you've entered the requisite number of letters, and so on. It does accept full post codes, I can assure you, unless you have a very specific problem.
02-04-2012 09:56pm
stealthy_singh

I had this. You need to change the country to GBR (Great Britain). Then it will let you type in normal UK post codes.

5Dr SD4 auto, Orkney Grey Prestige with Lux pack and adaptive dynamics. Tan and ivory interior.
03-04-2012 12:45am
Wired

You need to make sure the the "Area searched"is set to the country your destination is in.

If you would like to leave the island and visit Amsterdam, you would first have to change the country to Netherlands or it will not find Amsterdam. You would then also be able to use Dutch Postal codes which are different from UK ones.

If you want to use voice commands to do this your out of luck. It looks like LR forgot to add a way to change the destination country. It seems to be stuck on UK.

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
03-04-2012 01:18pm
dux

thanks guys you were right the area searched set to BEL.

cheers

On order for march 2012 delivery: black dynamic plus with lux pack + privacy glass
04-04-2012 09:38pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I think they all come set to that, it's the first country on the list isn't it?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-04-2012 11:26pm
Cedric

(04-04-2012 09:38pm)dux Wrote:  thanks guys you were right the area searched set to BEL.

cheers

Shouldn't it be Austria then? Being from Belgium I don't mind the preset Wink
05-04-2012 12:44pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Austria is usually OST for it's abbreviation. AUS is Australia!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
05-04-2012 04:14pm
doug

(04-04-2012 09:38pm)dux Wrote:  thanks guys you were right the area searched set to BEL.

cheers

So are you going to Belgium at the weekend to try out the Sat Nav. Wink

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
05-04-2012 07:21pm