Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Discounts Or Deals On New Evoques
Nut

RE: Discounts Or Deals On New Evoques

Very little movement on orders but I hunted around for a showroom new one here in Australia that had the specs I wanted. It was $8k cheaper than an order and had a full tank of fuel Smile The only thing different to what I would have ordered is that it's Firenze red and I may have ordered black.

Might be an option for you?
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2012 09:51am by Nut.)
19-10-2012 09:50am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MeanDorris

(18-10-2012 04:43pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Discounts:Rolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with Laughter

There's a 4 month long waiting list in the UK, longer for some variants. Why on this earth would dealers want to offer discounts when people are still happy to pay list and wait for their car? Some folks even report having to pay list for a USED one!

(18-10-2012 05:31pm)KidAd Wrote:  if you're struggling to keep up with demand, why would you reduce your prices? Land Rovers and their dealers are in the envious position of having more than enough people willing to pay full price at the moment.

Thanks for the reply's even though they are not very encouraging Sad

The lead time doesn't bother me, don't want it until March, so looking to place an order now.

Demand aside, its still a case of placing an order with one dealer over another, and future business for that dealer, so as a sales person myself, to me that's more than enough reason to sweeten the deal, but maybe Landrover dealers are more hot headed and not interested in attracting custom away from other dealers.

(18-10-2012 06:36pm)jojosr Wrote:  I got 10% discount in Austria. So I was not sad, when I got only 5 litres of petrol from dealer and nothing else... Smile

Seems the sales people in Austria (and Germany) are at least open to some movement, assume that was a Vienna based dealer?

I have had some dealings with the Landrover dealership in Klagenfurt and they were very helpful.
19-10-2012 02:11pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

One reason that there is no "competition" between the dealers for a new Evoque is that Land Rover evaluates every sale, any signs of discounting can mean loss of franchise at the extreme or loss of bonuses. There is in effect a restrictive practice going on or a cartel..................... however for those of us
with older cars or looking to trade one in for a newer one then if dealers were discounting then values/ retained value would be hit more than they are as dealers have to make up that loss somewhere. Give it another couple of years when all the fuss has died down and discounts will be dead easy to achieve, especially when the old model is in run out for the first facelift model.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2012 06:00pm by XFullFatTim.)
19-10-2012 05:56pm
Steveb68

Discounts Or Deals On New Evoques

In Austria don't forget they have the environmental tax called Nova......that could be up to 15 %( think that's about right) of the value of the car depending on the engine etc.

That makes the car very expensive so I think they are more willing to do deals

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ordered for end March 2013
Dynamic SD4 automatic, Orkney grey, contrast Santorini Pano roof, style 7 shadow chrome, Privacy Glass, Tech Pac 2, Park assist,CHANGED TO VORTEX interior,Black Roof Rails,Adaptive Dynamics, and yes I know its a lot of money but aeroflip, Ebony H Lining, cold climate pack,adaptive Xenon headlights and Spare wheel
19-10-2012 10:33pm
MeanDorris

(19-10-2012 05:56pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  One reason that there is no "competition" between the dealers for a new Evoque is that Land Rover evaluates every sale, any signs of discounting can mean loss of franchise at the extreme or loss of bonuses. There is in effect a restrictive practice going on or a cartel..................... however for those of us
with older cars or looking to trade one in for a newer one then if dealers were discounting then values/ retained value would be hit more than they are as dealers have to make up that loss somewhere. Give it another couple of years when all the fuss has died down and discounts will be dead easy to achieve, especially when the old model is in run out for the first facelift model.

Yes, so it seems, a dealer pretty much told me the same.

Sounds somewhat illegal, but don't know if it is different as the dealerships are more like a franchise where pricing dictations can be made as part of the franchise agreement?

Still, there should be scope for dealers to offer incentives on servicing or dealer fitted options and the like.

I understand re the residuals sitation, but then it will at some point work the other way where people have bought at full price, then new models start to get discounted, then it's double whammy time as your purchase has already depreciated to the tune of the discounts offered before you get into used vehicle depreciation...
22-10-2012 01:29pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Dealers can offer incentives most certainly, but they come out of the dealership's pocket - you can get discounts on accessories, but most folks would rather not pay the OTT prices LR charges to put it's logo on Thule/Witter/Westphalia bits just to get them discounted to the full price you might pay at Halfords.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-10-2012 04:49pm