RE: Depreciation...

(30-03-2013 03:06pm)JohnM Wrote:  +1 Thumbs Up

++1

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
30-03-2013 09:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
heronb

A car is always a depreciating asset and the lucky punters who bought (and waited a long time) for their cars have been prudent/lucky to be able to sell for next to the original price paid.

This may have been due to LR holding back production to increase the desirability of the model as a deliberate ploy, not a new scenario by any means. Or the popularity outstripping supply.

As reality is taking over and the production lines have been cranked up then yes normal depreciation is going to hit. But saying that, it is a very desirable car and I would expect 50% plus after 3 years. I would rather order and enjoy my new car after a month than wait a year, dont understand why someone would buy a year old car for the same price as new, doesnt make sense. [/align]
30-03-2013 09:41pm
Urban Splash

I would say that second hand prices have dropped off a cliff..... Stratstone Newcastle are not currently accepting any second hand evoques into stock as they have loads to sell......

Part-ex, the lowest I have been offered so far is £32k. So lost nearly £10k after 9 months (on a part-ex basis)

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
31-03-2013 04:30pm
heronb

(31-03-2013 04:30pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Part-ex, the lowest I have been offered so far is £32k. So lost nearly £10k after 9 months (on a part-ex basis)

And the highest PX value?

Not great but considering the first months will incur the greatest depreciation, the GFV on PCP give a realistic view of values IMHO

Might be worth trying the dealer ED209 sold his car to.
31-03-2013 05:09pm
mark_n

It was always going to be like this. Initial high demand which could not be satisfied, the move to 24 hour working, the first revisions to the car after two years, the hype, the people who bought without thinking whether the car was right for them and so on.

Result, more cars in circulation and softening prices. It's hardly calamitous though, is it? I do wonder whether there's a hint of worry at Halewood that the Evoque party will soon be over leaving a slightly nasty hangover.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 31-03-2013 05:32pm by mark_n.)
31-03-2013 05:29pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Well they will have the next generation Freelander in the next 18 months to keep production up

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
31-03-2013 05:46pm
J77

The bubble has to burst at some point, especially for us guys and dolls who bought white, there are hundreds of them on the road.

We all bought the car because we loved it, not as an investment. Who cares how much it will be worth in 3yrs, the long summer days are coming, go out and enjoy. It's still the best looking car on the road, except for my new Mauritius blue Fl2 Laughing

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 31-03-2013 05:49pm by J77.)
31-03-2013 05:49pm
Urban Splash

Hi all, highest PX value so far has been £34k......

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
31-03-2013 05:56pm
MarkLondon

(31-03-2013 05:49pm)J77 Wrote:  The bubble has to burst at some point, especially for us guys and dolls who bought white, there are hundreds of them on the road.

We all bought the car because we loved it, not as an investment. Who cares how much it will be worth in 3yrs, the long summer days are coming, go out and enjoy. It's still the best looking car on the road, except for my new Mauritius blue Fl2 Laughing

99% agree with you (I'll take or leave the Mauritius Blue, but each to their own Laughing ) The car is the best looking car in its class and apart from the alarm, which hopefully will be fixed soon, I've had no problems.

Arrived Jan 2013 from Hadley Green Arrow Prestige SD4 Manual, Fuji White, Pan Roof, Cirrus/Lunar, Aluminium, Ivory Headliner, A/D, Privacy, Lux Pack, Xenons etc
(This post was last modified: 31-03-2013 05:58pm by MarkLondon.)
31-03-2013 05:57pm
timhum

Markwiggy,
I'm interested to know what you will replace the Evoque with; I can't think of any mainstream new car that isn't going to lose you at least 50% over 3 years, but perhaps I'm wrong.
Our Evoque was bought because it appealed to us and with the intention of keeping it for a while; we didn't go into the transaction expecting to see close to zero depreciation, that's just living in cloud cuckoo land.
For those waiting to buy a second-hand Evoque there could be some great opportunities coming up especially with the vastly over specified examples that many
have bought, always remember the advice regularly given by the motor trade that most extras are worth virtually nothing in the second-hand market.
Tim
Orkney, Pure SD4 Auto with techpack, panoramic roof, spare wheel and a few practical extras, £34,100 otr; why pay more..!!
31-03-2013 07:20pm