Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Delayed orders
EVO PUNDITT

RE: Delayed orders

(20-09-2011 06:05pm)Wicksy Wrote:  
(20-09-2011 05:23pm)griff Wrote:  I am in two minds about the comments made here. I am frustrated that I am getting my car later than I originally thought and then I put my commercial hat on.

LR has been victim of its own success and in launching a new product they had to estimate demand but certain options have been more popular than they invisaged.

Pure production was always advertised as being later than Prestige and Dynamic and I am sure LR want to roll out the more profitable cars first. They are, after all in business to make a profit and pay wages of staff who I am certain are working flat out to make Evoque and Halewood successful.

I am caught in the Zenon and possibly panoramic roof debacle.
I think some purchasers have been in the right place at the right time when they visited their dealer and managed to obtain a slot in their allocation where I had to wait as my dealer had limited cars available for Sept and Oct.

I am sure LR are reacting as quickly as they can and my feeling is that as I am right at the beginning of the production such hiccups can only be expected.
Patience is the key and as jealous as I am with those that already have their car, I am keenly anticipating my own coming in the next couple of months.
Cheers
And 6-12 months notice of build requirements wasn't long enough to estimate? They have cocked up badly, no ifs or buts. Telling a customer that he cannot have what he ordered such a long time ago is simply not on

Wicksy I'm with you on this one, with so much competition out there you'd think they'll be on the ball but no not L/R.They had so much good publicity with this car I'm surprised the media has 'nt caught on to this cockup!
think they need some negative publicity to give them a kick up the backside!

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
20-09-2011 06:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Acwats

Has anybody emailed Nick (see sticky) about this.

Problems in complex supply chains are inevitable, and LR know this. For me, This is the crime here, i.e. That they are not prepared, or in a position to communicate with their customers. I guess they will feel like they've done their bit with the email alert to dealers but they must know that this is totally unsatisfactory.

All they need to do is issue a statement and be clear about their rescheduling of production.

As I said, silence is the worst thing as it demonstrates their contempt or ineptitude. You can make your own mind up. Nick, over to you........

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
20-09-2011 10:09pm
J77

It would have been a lot more professional if LR had sent letters to customers that have ordered xenons explaining the supply problems and offering there apologies, also to customers who may be affected by the lack off cameras on some prestige/dynamic models.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
20-09-2011 10:53pm
ajmooseman

No news from my dealer after yesterdays email. How long would you wait for a reply? Do you think dealers have upto date delivery dates after the reported problems of the last few days?
21-09-2011 12:36pm
Wicksy

(21-09-2011 12:36pm)ajmooseman Wrote:  No news from my dealer after yesterdays email. How long would you wait for a reply? Do you think dealers have upto date delivery dates after the reported problems of the last few days?
Someone on here stated last Friday that the Dealer Order List (Vista) was being updated over the weekend. Needless to say the dealers are conspicuous by their absence so they probably know nothing
21-09-2011 12:53pm
EVO PUNDITT

Any body rang L/R customer service it says on the website anybody thinking about purchasing a L/R they would be delighted to here from them. Here's the number 0800 110 110

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
21-09-2011 01:08pm
ajmooseman

Just had a reply from my dealer, ( he emailed me and didn;t have to chase) he's just checked again and delivery is now Showing 3rd November, which I still happy with. It's actually 12 days earlier than my original date, all my paperwork states 15th, but a telephone call 2 weeks ago suggested 27th October. Anyway still happy at the moment,the cayenne should go tomorrow, so it's 6 weeks of white van man.
21-09-2011 02:57pm
defender_uk

My dealer just come back to me saying 30 Oct....ten days late....but at least finally I have a date!!

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
21-09-2011 05:14pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
M.I.B

Just had this email from my dealer after i asked if the car had been built, should have gone into build on the 9th Sept, it was then put back into build on the 14th which was confirmed, Prestige SD4 Manual.

This was his reply from the factory.

I have literally just had an e-mail from the factory, and the 3 cars I’m waiting for have been delayed because of the Xenon headlamps and reverse camera situation. Your vehicle will be off production line this Friday, so we’d expect here by the end of next week/beginning of the week after.

All I can do is apologise on the behalf of the factory, as it seems they may have lost their way a bit unfortunately.

I have been asked to contact them again Monday for a further update, which I will do and inform you.
21-09-2011 06:15pm
is21

Arrrgh!
My dealer called me today and told me some weird sounding stories of, they say, "technical chassis problems" which cause a delivery delay of 4 weeks!!
(means: my "confirmed" TD4, Dynamic delivery slippest from end of Sept to end of Nov now!)
They also tried to tell me that because of this issue, all of their arrived, and even their Show cars may not be driven unless this "Bug" is fixed.
Anbody here who has been told a similar crazy story?
21-09-2011 06:19pm