Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Delayed orders
xxxx5

RE: Delayed orders

how do we put pressure on LR? Maybe as a group? It seems there are quite a few of us in the simliar position. Sorry but I really dont think it is fair to make people wait for long lead times when they have have a deposit for 7 months, (£2k) and some people are getting build dates now. I still dont have a confirmed build date only a maybe!

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
20-09-2011 04:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LP

Delayed orders

I spoke to Land Rover customer services about this a while back. They told me that they can't comment on other people's orders. I told them I wasn't asking them to...and that I was just looking for an explanation why my order is going to get built after others with similar spec who have ordered more recently. They then said I should speak to my dealer. The dealer says it is Land Rover who offer build slots and do "slotting".

I don't know why they can't have one giant order book and build vehicles based on the date of orders being placed...
20-09-2011 04:34pm
vision*R

I understand they have to shift some orders based on delivery of certain parts, but then I'm expecting days / two weeks max, not months of delays.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
20-09-2011 04:49pm
EVO PUNDITT

The country is in recession you'd think they'll get their act together,
as a business they are just putting profit ahead of customers.
I am all for putting pressure on L/R , LP what's that customer service number for land rover? May be you can put it on here and we can start ringing them.

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
20-09-2011 04:59pm
Wicksy

Its laughable that a company like Land Rover cannnot even do a stock check correctly - I'm a Lexus customer at the moment - never in a million years would they show such incompetence

How long is it going to take to find out what effect this xenon shortage is going to have on its present orders, surely it could have been ran through their systems within a couple of days instead of weeks which just angers people more and more
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 05:22pm by Wicksy.)
20-09-2011 05:20pm
griff

I am in two minds about the comments made here. I am frustrated that I am getting my car later than I originally thought and then I put my commercial hat on.

LR has been victim of its own success and in launching a new product they had to estimate demand but certain options have been more popular than they invisaged.

Pure production was always advertised as being later than Prestige and Dynamic and I am sure LR want to roll out the more profitable cars first. They are, after all in business to make a profit and pay wages of staff who I am certain are working flat out to make Evoque and Halewood successful.

I am caught in the Zenon and possibly panoramic roof debacle.
I think some purchasers have been in the right place at the right time when they visited their dealer and managed to obtain a slot in their allocation where I had to wait as my dealer had limited cars available for Sept and Oct.

I am sure LR are reacting as quickly as they can and my feeling is that as I am right at the beginning of the production such hiccups can only be expected.
Patience is the key and as jealous as I am with those that already have their car, I am keenly anticipating my own coming in the next couple of months.
Cheers

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
20-09-2011 05:23pm
defender_uk

(19-09-2011 10:02pm)doug Wrote:  Very good point.

Going by the age of most of the people I've seen at the three Evoque events, they wouldn't be around if LR made them wait too long. Long standing customers of the LR who change there cars offen are getting higher on the order list.
(not talking about you Tim Very Happy . You are still the Evoque daddy, not granddaddy)

Not true....I change frequently, am a very good customer...car has been fully paid for a long long time. and my car has just completely slipped off the build plot...they cannot give me any idea when I will get it now. It should have been early Oct.
(20-09-2011 05:23pm)griff Wrote:  I am in two minds about the comments made here. I am frustrated that I am getting my car later than I originally thought and then I put my commercial hat on.

LR has been victim of its own success and in launching a new product they had to estimate demand but certain options have been more popular than they invisaged.

Cheers

This is the third brand new build that I have had off LR...The RR 3 Gen and the RRS. I picked both up within a couple of weeks of launch. This mess never happened with either of those launches.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 05:44pm by defender_uk.)
20-09-2011 05:38pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wicksy

(20-09-2011 05:23pm)griff Wrote:  I am in two minds about the comments made here. I am frustrated that I am getting my car later than I originally thought and then I put my commercial hat on.

Pure production was always advertised as being later than Prestige and Dynamic and I am sure LR want to roll out the more profitable cars first. They are, after all in business to make a profit and pay wages of staff who I am certain are working flat out to make Evoque and Halewood successful.

I am caught in the Zenon and possibly panoramic roof debacle.
I think some purchasers have been in the right place at the right time when they visited their dealer and managed to obtain a slot in their allocation where I had to wait as my dealer had limited cars available for Sept and Oct.

I am sure LR are reacting as quickly as they can and my feeling is that as I am right at the beginning of the production such hiccups can only be expected.
Patience is the key and as jealous as I am with those that already have their car, I am keenly anticipating my own coming in the next couple of months.
Cheers
And 6-12 months notice of build requirements wasn't long enough to estimate? They have cocked up badly, no ifs or buts. Telling a customer that he cannot have what he ordered such a long time ago is simply not on
20-09-2011 06:05pm
ant

Does the factory group a series of builds together for the sake of efficiiency?
What I mean is, do they just put. for example, black #dynamic coupes down the line one day, white 5 door Prestiges the next etc.
Would this not have an effect on your build date?
I'm just speculating?Confused:Shocked

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 06:11pm by ant.)
20-09-2011 06:10pm
griff

I'm not sure Ant but as you will see from my previous posts I am not a happy bunny. For the record I placed my first deposit in Dec 10 and next in March 11. I fully expected my order to be placed in April for September delivery but it was not to be. I've been around too long to let this production hassle get to me but it should not happen.
Cheers

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 06:18pm by griff.)
20-09-2011 06:16pm