Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Darkest Window Tinting Melbourne
mnd

RE: Darkest Window Tinting Melbourne

Hi All,
Another Melbournite here picking up my Evoque on Saturday morning and keen to get the windows tinted very soon after. Tint a car sounds good but wish i knew of a place that did something slightly darker (i know it might not be legal) I has my E46 coupe tinted by a guy who came to my house but i've lost his details. He did a darker than legal tint and i never got questioned in 6 years of owning the car. I think it was 25% compared to legal which is 35%.

Any ideas?

Thanks Smile

P.S. Bought a Si4 Pure Black with Cirrus interior and 20". Options include roof, Sat nav, front sensors, auto tailgate, park assist, upgraded seats, tech pack, rear camera. Can't wait to get her!!
11-01-2012 03:35am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

Mnd, I am trying to find someone to do this is NSW, do the call goes put for Sydney as well.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
11-01-2012 04:31am
MPK

mnd, sorry to get off topic but did your evoque arrive on the 26 Dec?

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
11-01-2012 09:19am
DefLeppard

(11-01-2012 03:35am)mnd Wrote:  Hi All,
Another Melbournite here picking up my Evoque on Saturday morning and keen to get the windows tinted very soon after. Tint a car sounds good but wish i knew of a place that did something slightly darker (i know it might not be legal) I has my E46 coupe tinted by a guy who came to my house but i've lost his details. He did a darker than legal tint and i never got questioned in 6 years of owning the car. I think it was 25% compared to legal which is 35%.

Any ideas?

Thanks Smile

P.S. Bought a Si4 Pure Black with Cirrus interior and 20". Options include roof, Sat nav, front sensors, auto tailgate, park assist, upgraded seats, tech pack, rear camera. Can't wait to get her!!

Australian auto tint will tint as dark as you want.

However be aware that tint lower than 35% is illegal, and hence your vehicle is considered unroadworthy, and hence insurance companies can deny any claim for this reason.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
11-01-2012 12:02pm
mnd

(11-01-2012 04:31am)Barneyridge Wrote:  Mnd, I am trying to find someone to do this is NSW, do the call goes put for Sydney as well.

No, he was a local Melbourne guy.
(11-01-2012 09:19am)MPK Wrote:  mnd, sorry to get off topic but did your evoque arrive on the 26 Dec?

No, this was a dealer order that i'll get on Saturday. Not something i specifcally ordered. Just very lucky to find something this speced up. Buying from Melbourne City LR
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 01:00am by mnd.)
12-01-2012 12:58am
QUEEVO

(24-12-2011 06:57am)RonnieNavani Wrote:  ok guys, got my Evoque Tinted through Tint a Car - they did a greta job.. got me in and out within 2 hours..

no complaints so far, just I would have liked something a little more darker.. but anyway, its looks great! I got the Octane type for $345.

Hey Hey - do Tint-a-Car have darker options than Octane...? Which store did you go to...? And, why did you want something darker...? I will be going through this process shortly so any advice would be welcome... Cheers!

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
16-06-2012 09:57am
Kaiser

(18-12-2011 07:52am)DefLeppard Wrote:  I have a great window tinter that I have used for my previous 4 cars and am always 100% happy.

Australian Auto Tint
410 Maroondah Hwy
Ringwood ,
Melbourne
(03) 9870 6800

thanks Def' I will be picking up my car early next month and i think i will be paying these guys a visit. how much did you get yours done for?

5 Door manual SD4 Dynamic, Mauritius Blue, Contrast Black Pano' Roof, Style 6, Black interior, Ebony Head liner, Dynamic Tech' Pack, Surround cameras, and Adaptive Dynamics. Cool
(Collected 5 of July 2012)
16-06-2012 01:37pm
QueJumper

Darkest Window Tinting Melbourne

So what %tint are the standard windows? Could you add say a 10% film to get them a little darker or would that push it over the 35%. ????

Now Sold - Small, clean, fun car mainly for me - Sd4 Dynamic Lux - White/Black roof

Still going strong - Big, dirty, fun car mainly for the wife, kids and dog - Disco 4 - Blue (with lots of mud outside, sweets & litter inside)
16-06-2012 02:00pm
Neo

I think most luxury cars these days come with 5-10% tint built into the glass already. Also bear in mind your interior colour choice would impact the darkness as well. For example if you chose a dark interior say, vortex, and you get the the legal tint (35%) the net effect might be 25% which would 5hen make it illegal. In the end though, it will just depend on your luck and if the policeman is anal or not!

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
16-06-2012 10:41pm
stiggz

Ive gone 22% on my last 2 cars (white audi a3 and fuji evoq). I ONCE had a cop say i should get the a3 checked out, but no sticker.

I reckon the white contrast added with the sunroof (had same on audi) means that 1. u would always have a pretty strong contrast and 2. theres lots of light inside which makes it look less. When the cop gave me the warning it was a RBT at night time.

Very Happy Fuji White, SD4, Contrast Black Roof w/ Panoramic glass, Tech Pack, Keyless Entry, Adaptive Dynamics & 20" Style 6 Wheels Very Happy
17-06-2012 11:31am