Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Order soon..need feedback from current owners, thanks!
yupstr8up

RE: Order soon..need feedback from current owners, thanks!

(23-07-2012 04:28am)cs33wa Wrote:  Great colour!!!!

I was thinking of getting the new Murano. But at the end, i just couldnt get Evoque out of my mind Smile
Intent to keep this car for a long time, thats why i included those options.

Hi cs33wa
I looked at the BMW x3 and x5 but chose the Murano because i could feel the solid quality feel, i drove a prado grande before that. I do feel like iv'e sacrifised a few things when buying the RRE but had i bought the new pado grande it would have cost me more for the same luxuries. No matter what the regrets, buying the evoque isn't one of them.Thumbs Up

Pure 5 door Fuji white SD4, Clearview and Teck pack, auto tailgate, street legal tint. 19" turned diamond wheels. Reversing camera, front and rear sensors.
23-07-2012 05:13am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cs33wa

(23-07-2012 05:13am)yupstr8up Wrote:  Hi cs33wa
I looked at the BMW x3 and x5 but chose the Murano because i could feel the solid quality feel, i drove a prado grande before that. I do feel like iv'e sacrifised a few things when buying the RRE but had i bought the new pado grande it would have cost me more for the same luxuries. No matter what the regrets, buying the evoque isn't one of them.Thumbs Up

The murano is indeed very solid and well build as well. The cabin quality is very good I must say...and many features come as standard!!

Are you in Perth? If yes, you mind share with me your buying experience at your dealer and the deal you got? You can email me if you prefer.

Thanks!
23-07-2012 12:09pm
Dave782

7 months, 13,000km's and my Evoque SD4 Coupe is brilliant.....80% city work and 20% highway, the fuel consumption average is 8.3L per 100Km's....the car hasn't missed a beat, nothing has fallen off or rattles and I enjoy driving it. My only concern at time of purchase was price of some options and the dealer service costs
23-07-2012 12:34pm
cs33wa

(23-07-2012 12:34pm)Dave782 Wrote:  7 months, 13,000km's and my Evoque SD4 Coupe is brilliant.....80% city work and 20% highway, the fuel consumption average is 8.3L per 100Km's....the car hasn't missed a beat, nothing has fallen off or rattles and I enjoy driving it. My only concern at time of purchase was price of some options and the dealer service costs

Dealer service cost?? My dealer actually shown me a list of the service cost for 5 yrs.. It's like $500+ for minor service and $700+ for major service.
23-07-2012 05:05pm
Barneyridge

After 7 months for me, no major issues. The car came with the A pillar (internal) trim not fitting correctly (well to my standard). The only other issue is a intermittent rattle in the back, which I have not sourced. Fuel economy is 9.0 l/100 km which is 95% city driving with bumper to bumper action.

With regards to service my dealer has just sent a message saying first service is due. I understand that the book say 12 months or 26,000km, but I was thinking of taking it in now for an oil change. I intend to service the car each year, and therefore in 12 months I will have approx 26,000 km.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
23-07-2012 11:21pm
DefLeppard

I sold my Ti Murano for the Evoque. Was also seriously considering just getting a new Murano.
However 4 months on, I'm very happy with my decision.
(the Murano was an excellent car, great value, and as mentioned, has all the bells and whistles)
The Evoque handles much better than the Murano.
The power of SD4 evoque is also better than the Murano. I can really feel the difference when i plant my foot to overtake.
Main thing I miss from my Murano - the keyless entry and the tilt adjustable seat cushion.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
24-07-2012 03:38am
cs33wa

(24-07-2012 03:38am)DefLeppard Wrote:  I sold my Ti Murano for the Evoque. Was also seriously considering just getting a new Murano.
(the Murano was an excellent car, great value, and as mentioned, has all the bells and whistles)
The power of SD4 evoque is also better than the Murano. I can really feel the difference when i plant my foot to overtake.
Main thing I miss from my Murano - the keyless entry and the tilt adjustable seat cushion.

I was very impressed with SD4 performance when i first test drive. Then i test the Si4, and was happy with the performance too. Thats where problem comes!! I couldnt decide between SD4 and Si4.
Ordering soon, i think i will go with Si4. Still use to petrol engine and the fact that petrol engine is a bit quiet.
24-07-2012 05:39am
DefLeppard

(24-07-2012 05:39am)cs33wa Wrote:  I was very impressed with SD4 performance when i first test drive. Then i test the Si4, and was happy with the performance too. Thats where problem comes!! I couldnt decide between SD4 and Si4.
Ordering soon, i think i will go with Si4. Still use to petrol engine and the fact that petrol engine is a bit quiet.

The Luxury Car tax made the decision for me. The diesels if you spec them under $75k don't attract any LCT.
The Petrols over $57k are subject to 33% LCT (of the value over $57k)

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
24-07-2012 06:28am
yupstr8up

(24-07-2012 03:38am)DefLeppard Wrote:  I sold my Ti Murano for the Evoque. Was also seriously considering just getting a new Murano.

I totally agree with you Defleppard, and it's great to know what car you've left for the RRE, exactly the same as me.
The RRE is most definetly nippier than the Murano which was less than a year old when i traded it in. I hate any engine noise in a car but when idling at stops there's hardly any sound in the cabin, never thought i could say that about a diesel !
The stereo unfortunatley isn't the best iv'e had in a car, i tried the 320kpbs which made no difference to quality as oppose to 120kpbs, it continues to sound like its lacking in midrange with poor quality in treble at its fullest, almost like sound in water. Not sure what i can do about that. I have the 380 meridian with 11 speakers. Iv'e tried all the suggestions on this forum to try and get a better sound. The only thing that works is to burn a disc with the equalizer set at my preffered sound, Mid base,midrange below flat, high treble.
Has anyone put seat covers on yet?
(23-07-2012 12:09pm)cs33wa Wrote:  The murano is indeed very solid and well build as well. The cabin quality is very good I must say...and many features come as standard!!

Are you in Perth? If yes, you mind share with me your buying experience at your dealer and the deal you got? You can email me if you prefer.

Thanks!

Hi CS33wa
I bought mine from Southern Landrover. I chose the specs on my car as one that was already built and on a ship already. 6 weeks in all. There's very little anyone can do whilst the car's in transition. From ordering to delivery Graham kept me in touch with progression. The handover was thorough and swift. I dont think any salesman needs to try and sell this car, there seems to be so much demand for them. The price remained as advertised, but i got free street legal tint thrown in. What will you be trading in? I think getting the most for your trade in is the only way to sweeten the deal because they really dont have to drop the price of the RRE.
I hope this has helped somewhat.

Pure 5 door Fuji white SD4, Clearview and Teck pack, auto tailgate, street legal tint. 19" turned diamond wheels. Reversing camera, front and rear sensors.
(This post was last modified: 25-07-2012 03:42am by yupstr8up.)
25-07-2012 02:54am
cs33wa

(25-07-2012 02:54am)yupstr8up Wrote:  I totally agree with you Defleppard, and it's great to know what car you've left for the RRE, exactly the same as me.
The RRE is most definetly nippier than the Murano which was less than a year old when i traded it in. I hate any engine noise in a car but when idling at stops there's hardly any sound in the cabin, never thought i could say that about a diesel !
The stereo unfortunatley isn't the best iv'e had in a car, i tried the 320kpbs which made no difference to quality as oppose to 120kpbs, it continues to sound like its lacking in midrange with poor quality in treble at its fullest, almost like sound in water. Not sure what i can do about that. I have the 380 meridian with 11 speakers. Iv'e tried all the suggestions on this forum to try and get a better sound. The only thing that works is to burn a disc with the equalizer set at my preffered sound, Mid base,midrange below flat, high treble.
Has anyone put seat covers on yet?

Hi CS33wa
I bought mine from Southern Landrover. I chose the specs on my car as one that was already built and on a ship already. 6 weeks in all. There's very little anyone can do whilst the car's in transition. From ordering to delivery Graham kept me in touch with progression. The handover was thorough and swift. I dont think any salesman needs to try and sell this car, there seems to be so much demand for them. The price remained as advertised, but i got free street legal tint thrown in. What will you be trading in? I think getting the most for your trade in is the only way to sweeten the deal because they really dont have to drop the price of the RRE.
I hope this has helped somewhat.

Hi.. Thanks for the info, really helpful.
Since i am going to custom order my car and wait for few months, most likely i will try private sell my 08 Accord Euro Lux while waiting. Trade in value normally very low compare to dealer.
So you sounds like you very happy with Graham's service Smile It is good to deal with honest salesperson. I will definately put my offer in August after they release the 2013 specs/changes. The question is, which dealer should i go ?! Smile
I do understand the car is in great demand, therefore most likely we cant get good discount. However, many member in this forum actually got some discount. Some even gets few thousands off!! Not sure whether i can trust... But i guess its worth trying and compare between the two dealers.
Worse come to worse, i just delay for another 6 mths and wait till the demand goes down Sad
25-07-2012 07:05am