Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Creeping, pulsing at stop lights while in gear.
DVFlyer

Creeping, pulsing at stop lights while in gear.

Hi all,

2014 Pure Premium- US/ gas model.

Anyone else have issues with their Evoque creeping, pulsing while stopped at lights etc?

Hard to describe, but it's as if the torque converter engages and disengages causing the vehicle to want to creep/ stumble. Stop/ start is off and I've confirmed it does this in both D and S. Climate control off to eliminate the AC cycling on and off. If I put it in neutral, it doesn't do it, but there have been times when I've seen the tach drop for a second- almost like a misfire.

If you can imagine a car bumping you from behind, just slightly, this is what it feels like.

Transmission was replaced for a non-related problem when I first got the car.

Have had it at the dealer who confirmed the problem. They realigned the motor mounts via a TSB that I was told was a fix for this problem. No misfires recorded. Seemed to go away for a couple weeks, but that could have been me being hopeful for a fix.

I plan to bring it back in but figured I'd post here in case anyone else has experienced this issue.

2014 Zanzibar Pure Premium. Black roof, black wheels, black interior.
09-07-2015 03:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
moilaset

RE: Creeping, pulsing at stop lights while in gear.

(09-07-2015 03:02pm)DVFlyer Wrote:  Hi all,

2014 Pure Premium- US/ gas model.

Anyone else have issues with their Evoque creeping, pulsing while stopped at lights etc?

Hard to describe, but it's as if the torque converter engages and disengages causing the vehicle to want to creep/ stumble. Stop/ start is off and I've confirmed it does this in both D and S. Climate control off to eliminate the AC cycling on and off. If I put it in neutral, it doesn't do it, but there have been times when I've seen the tach drop for a second- almost like a misfire.

If you can imagine a car bumping you from behind, just slightly, this is what it feels like.

Transmission was replaced for a non-related problem when I first got the car.

Have had it at the dealer who confirmed the problem. They realigned the motor mounts via a TSB that I was told was a fix for this problem. No misfires recorded. Seemed to go away for a couple weeks, but that could have been me being hopeful for a fix.

I plan to bring it back in but figured I'd post here in case anyone else has experienced this issue.

My 2015 US spec has the exactly same issue, creeping, pulsing while stopped at lights. If I put it in Neutral the problem goes away.
02-09-2015 03:03am
DVFlyer

Glad to hear I'm not alone... hopefully someone will find a fix. Not a major issue, but annoying for sure.

2014 Zanzibar Pure Premium. Black roof, black wheels, black interior.
02-09-2015 02:23pm
Crustydaemon

Same with me as well!!!!
02-09-2015 07:08pm