Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crashed
Saqar

Crashed

Hello, This is my first post. I got my Evoque in the beginning of the summer. Its my first car and I have gotten into an accident Sad Its pretty bad but its gonna fixed. I guess thats what happens when you give a nice car to a 17 year old Rolling Eyes Im starting to appreciate how nice the evoque is after driving a civic for 10 days now. I will post update of the car when its fixed and hopefully a couple unique mods.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 15-10-2013 08:20am by cjfp.)
15-10-2013 04:12am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

RE: Crashed

(15-10-2013 04:12am)Saqar Wrote:  Hello, This is my first post. I got my Evoque in the beginning of the summer. Its my first car and I have gotten into an accident Sad Its pretty bad but its gonna fixed. I guess thats what happens when you give a nice car to a 17 year old Rolling Eyes Im starting to appreciate how nice the evoque is after driving a civic for 10 days now. I will post update of the car when its fixed and hopefully a couple unique mods.

I hope you are OK. That looks expensive as the airbags seem to have deployed. You should get a good repair provided you use a Land Rover approved centre to retain warranty etc

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
(This post was last modified: 15-10-2013 08:53pm by cjfp.)
15-10-2013 08:21am
PhilSkill

Welcome, That's a shame, glad all are ok and hope the repairs are done well.

You let your 17 year old drive it...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
15-10-2013 08:57am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Maybe the poster is the 17 year old - remember in some parts of the USA you can get a driving licence at 16. I remember over on FullFatRR.com that we had an American poster who was given a new FFRR Autobiography S/C for passing his High School Exams before going on to Uni.......... there are some kids in the UK who have received the same treatment too - remember a few years ago there was a 17 year old sent to prison for running over a pedestrian in his RRS S/C given to him by his parents.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-10-2013 09:08am
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

does make you wonder why there isn't any engine restriction sizes in force for kids that have just passed their test

http://www.duckworthparts.co.uk
http://www.duckworthlandrover.co.uk - Vehicle Sales
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: danroberts@duckworthlandrover.co.uk

You can make a paypal directly to the email above

[Image: hwc8.jpg]
15-10-2013 11:29am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RRSteve

(15-10-2013 09:08am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Maybe the poster is the 17 year old - remember in some parts of the USA you can get a driving licence at 16. I remember over on FullFatRR.com that we had an American poster who was given a new FFRR Autobiography S/C for passing his High School Exams before going on to Uni.......... there are some kids in the UK who have received the same treatment too - remember a few years ago there was a 17 year old sent to prison for running over a pedestrian in his RRS S/C given to him by his parents.

The guy is from Canada. Have they the same laws?
15-10-2013 11:40am
speary

(15-10-2013 11:29am)duckworthparts Wrote:  does make you wonder why there isn't any engine restriction sizes in force for kids that have just passed their test

The government green paper on young drivers is overdue but even when it arrives it will be based on restriction, restriction and more restriction. It should be based on education and attitude with suitable rewards and incentives
As for restricting engine size and performance, a few years ago in Bolton 2 young lads died in high speed collision with a tree..what were they driving? A Ford Ka!!!

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
15-10-2013 12:09pm
m_101

yeah the motorcycle laws involve bhp restrictions for younger riders, even if they don't involve engine size restrictions. I agree though that education and suitable incentives / rewards as well as significant financial penalties should be the name of the game.
I think the OP is the 17 year old - beautiful car for a first car! (that third photo looks like a lovely place to live!)

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
15-10-2013 03:02pm
Saqar

I am 17 year olds. I take immaculate care of the car and I am thankful for every second I own it. The accident did not hurt anyone. I rear ended a women who took a sudden stop to turn left, right after we moved 10 meters when the traffic hit green. Its 16k on insurance. I will post an update when the car comes back. Ive been reading this forum for quite a while now. Glad i joined!
15-10-2013 04:48pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I'm surprised that the airbags went off at such a slow impact

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-10-2013 05:17pm