Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
Cracked Panoramic Roof
Louie

RE: Cracked Panoramic Roof

I have insured my Pure with a Pano roof through LR Insurance, when I phoned to make enquiries I asked about the roof and was told the same as a member in an earlier posting that it was covered under the windscreen section with those excesses which for a full replacement is £80. However on double checking the Policy document the roof is only covered on the general policy and would affect my no claims.

I will be contacting the insurers tomorrow to tell them that I was told I was covered, be interesting to see how they manoeuvre, I will ask for a copy of the "recording" they allegedly made of the conversation.

I'll post a further reply with their response.

Pure SD4 Firenze Red, manual with tech pack, pano roof, auto dimming rear view mirror, xenons & fogs
Delivered Very HappyVery Happy[/font]
17-01-2012 12:49am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leveller

I look forward to reading your update Louie. I would be very surprised if they agree to supply you a recording without your lawyer asking for it.

All of this thread has convinced me check and double check my policy when I get my car. I will also emphasise the panoramic roof when I organise the insurance and make sure the call centre worker understands what I am talking about. You can't trust script readers to understand what you mean, and panoramic roofs aren't the norm still so they may not comprehend.

5dr Evoque Dynamic Si4, OG. I love her, mostly.
(This post was last modified: 17-01-2012 09:37am by leveller.)
17-01-2012 09:36am
fam1x

I have got mine insured and told them about the options I've added they didnt seem to take much notice as its factory fitted option which is all covered I'm told. The woman refered it back to a manager and called me back the following day to say its covered but nothing on my policy document. Should I be asking for that in writing or something?

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
17-01-2012 05:57pm
mark_n

No need, all conversations are recorded.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
17-01-2012 07:25pm
Tony

I had a long conversation with the guy from the 'New' LR Insurance who was very helpful and seemed to know what he was on about. The pano is covered BUT on the general policy, so if you claim it will hit you NCB and you will also get hit for the compulsary excess of £250 plus whatever additional excess you may or may not have elected to add.

On my 'Old' LR (RSA) Insurance which still has a month to run, the pano is covered on the glass section at the glass excess of £60 and no impact on your NCB.

Had a good quote from Arriva but I need to phone back and check on lots of things, pano is covered on the glass section. Main problem (and with most) is if the car gets bumped it goes to one of their authorised bodyshops and of course depending on what they mess with it could screw your warrantee if LR wanted to be pedantic.

Just got back from Inverness having picked up the Evoque, long day, over 250 miles there and back, knackered but wow what a car - amazing!

For those of us obsessed with fuel consumption, diesel here on the island is £1-49.9 per litre and rising. Trip 'A' reading from Inverness to home on NW Skye 125 miles, 48MPH average speed, 42.7MPG. Pleased with that from a tight engine, best our FL2 TD4 Auto did on the same route was 38.7 MPG. So assuming it improves a little the difference between the Evoque and our FL2 will be a similar % improvement to LRs published brochure data for the two vehicles.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
17-01-2012 08:25pm
Mr P

SadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSad
Update on replacement of Cracked Panoramic Roof,
Wednesday 18/01/12 car went into Landrover dealership who were getting the roof replaced by their favored glass company, originally booked in for 2 days, I telephoned dealer midday on Thursday (expecting to collect the car that afternoon) and was told that unfortunatly the glass company had damaged the roof lining and it needed replacing. Thankfully my dealership have accepted responsibility and agreed to replace the lining, however the wrong lining was shipped out by Landrover on Thursday and it was only when they tried to install it they realised, I was then told the replacement would be received Saturday they would start to fit and finish off today ( Monday 23/01/12). I telephjoned garage after lunch today and have now been told the new parts have not been shipped out yet and they wouldnt be shipped out untill they (LR Parts) had checked the correct parts were in the correct box labelled up correctly.Banging HeadBanging HeadBanging HeadBanging HeadBanging HeadBanging HeadBanging HeadBanging HeadBanging HeadBanging HeadBanging HeadBanging Head

So, where am i now............... answer dont know, apparently there is no way that the parts dept can advise when parts are being shipped out Rolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with Laughter

So hopefully soon Dealer will call and say you may have your car back. Not holding my breath though.

Prestige SD4 Auto, 5 Door, Firenze, Dark Cherry/Ivory, Contrast Panoramic Roof, 20" Wheels, Auto Tailgate.
(The options i regret not having :- Auto Dimming Mirror, Blind Spot Monitoring)
23-01-2012 08:59pm
EVO PUNDITT

What ship is it on? Is it comming from China?Disgusting service from a Land Rover Dealership Evil

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
23-01-2012 10:10pm
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

Quote: apparently there is no way that the parts dept can advise when parts are being shipped out

the parts department would have to raise a Bin stock check at Land Rover, normally takes a couple of days for LR to give a verdict whether stock is boxed wrong, or ok.

http://www.duckworthparts.co.uk
http://www.duckworthlandrover.co.uk - Vehicle Sales
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: danroberts@duckworthlandrover.co.uk

You can make a paypal directly to the email above

[Image: hwc8.jpg]
24-01-2012 12:43pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scottie99

This thread has been an eye opener! I have jusy checked my Esure policy booklet to find that it specifically states that glass sunroofs are NOT covered under the windscreen section.

I would have never thought about this. It will make me look closer at policies when I come to renew.
24-01-2012 06:06pm
Mr P

(24-01-2012 12:43pm)duckworthparts Wrote:  the parts department would have to raise a Bin stock check at Land Rover, normally takes a couple of days for LR to give a verdict whether stock is boxed wrong, or ok.

Thanks for the Heads up, I am still waiting for news from the Dealer, no news today so i will chase them again tomorrow,

Prestige SD4 Auto, 5 Door, Firenze, Dark Cherry/Ivory, Contrast Panoramic Roof, 20" Wheels, Auto Tailgate.
(The options i regret not having :- Auto Dimming Mirror, Blind Spot Monitoring)
24-01-2012 06:20pm