Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
Cracked Panoramic Roof
Sarcastrix

RE: Cracked Panoramic Roof

(08-12-2016 07:35pm)BobHLR Wrote:  Land Rover have suggested that if I use this very well known National supplier it could cause warranty problems.
I am very disappointed with Land Rover over this.

That's pure corporate BS, the only way it affect the warranty is (for example) if a water leak started around the seal/blind stops working etc, in which case you'd go back to the installer anyhow. Also, a LR main dealer wouldn't replace the glass roof themselves they'd use one of the large national chains and add a nice fat commission to the job.

It must be noted there are few things that can go wrong if you use a sloppy installer:

http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/FORUM/...html#83228

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
12-12-2016 09:28am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BobHLR

(12-12-2016 09:28am)Sarcastrix Wrote:  That's pure corporate BS, the only way it affect the warranty is (for example) if a water leak started around the seal/blind stops working etc, in which case you'd go back to the installer anyhow. Also, a LR main dealer wouldn't replace the glass roof themselves they'd use one of the large national chains and add a nice fat commission to the job.

It must be noted there are few things that can go wrong if you use a sloppy installer:

http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/FORUM/...html#83228

Agree, Roof being fixed on Thursday and supplier has said it has a life time guarantee. LR have really missed a trick on the customer service front. I would not be recommending them to anyone going forward so its probably backfired on them really.
Its quit clear from reading all the notes posted that LR have abdicated all there responsibilities when it comes to resolving these issues themselves. They actually think that this has saved them the time and money!!!!
Just a note to the people who have said it will effect there no claims bonus. If your insurance company has said this, you should change your insurance company because that is BS
12-12-2016 10:46am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(12-12-2016 09:28am)Sarcastrix Wrote:  Also, a LR main dealer wouldn't replace the glass roof themselves they'd use one of the large national chains and add a nice fat commission to the job.

Don't believe everything you read on internet forums! I've just been down this route and the local dealership replaced one for my RRS under warranty in their own bodyshop with OEM glass with "Range Rover" etched in it and not Pilkington. I don't know if this has any bearing on whether you get an OEM screen/roof but my local dealership has it's own bodyshop and paint booths. They are also approved to carry out body repairs and paint jobs for the local BMW and Audi dealerships who don't have their own body shop or paint booths - they are not part of a group selling BMW or Audi either. I was asked to take the car in for initial investigation (took an hour) and was told maybe up to a month to get the replacement into stock....... 0900 the next morning I was phoned and asked to book the car in as the replacement screen has arrived overnight having been ordered before 1200 the previous day! The dealership had the car 24 hours to do the job and so far no leaks...........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-12-2016 11:14am