Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
Cracked Panoramic Roof
leveller

RE: Cracked Panoramic Roof

This thread has been an eye opener and extremely helpful, cheers guys!

5dr Evoque Dynamic Si4, OG. I love her, mostly.
14-01-2012 06:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

(14-01-2012 06:21pm)neil-c Wrote:  I ordered this as an option on my Pure model but not as part of any pack, is this something I should inform my insurance about?

I would just to be absolutely sure its covered under the glass section of your policy etc, it didnt cost any extra in my case and you dont want to find out later there's a problem should you come to claim.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
15-01-2012 12:33am
Tony

(15-01-2012 12:33am)PhilSkill Wrote:  I would just to be absolutely sure its covered under the glass section of your policy etc, it didnt cost any extra in my case and you dont want to find out later there's a problem should you come to claim.

Collect mine on Tuesday and I am insured with LR Insurance, still a month to run on my current policy so a vehicle change from FL2. I specifically asked if the sunroof was covered, answer YES "all glass including sunroof with a £60 excess". Asked about extras i.e. pano, Dynamic plus seats, spare wheel, black roof, black glass etc. No need to list if they are factory options, this may be different for other insurance companies. They were only interested if any performance enhancements had been added.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
15-01-2012 10:05am
DaveR

Hi Tony,
I'd double check that as a read of the policy details of LR Insurance says otherwise, see my response to a previous post....

RE: Panoramic Roof - Insurance impact. IMPORTANT.
For those with Landrover Insurance I just checke the policy cover under the windscreen and windows section......

We will not pay claims for the repair or replacement of sunroofs, glass roofs, panoramic windscreens, lights/reflectors or folding rear windscreen assemblies under this section

Download the full policy on this link and its under section H.

https://www.landroverinsurance.uk.com/Wh...Policy.pdf
15-01-2012 10:32am
mywillia

(15-01-2012 10:05am)Tony Wrote:  I specifically asked if the sunroof was covered, answer YES "all glass including sunroof with a £60 excess". Asked about extras i.e. pano, Dynamic plus seats, spare wheel, black roof, black glass etc. No need to list if they are factory options, this may be different for other insurance companies. They were only interested if any performance enhancements had been added.

(15-01-2012 10:32am)DaveR Wrote:  We will not pay claims for the repair or replacement of sunroofs, glass roofs, panoramic windscreens, lights/reflectors or folding rear windscreen assemblies under this section

Now that's interesting. Either Tony has a different policy wording or the call centre worker has made a classic mistake in Tony's favour. Tony, if you can remember, you now need to make a note of the date and time of that call and the person you spoke to, if you can remember their name. In your specific case they cannot now say you are not covered for your sunroof during this term of insurance! You asked a specific question and received an answer on which your decision to purchase their insurance was taken. That call WAS recorded and if anything happens to your sunroof during your current insurance period and they try to tell you you're not covered then you need to refer them to that call. They won't like it but they have to honour what their representative told you.

Delivered:-
Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Coupe Manual with Lux pack
Verve Leather
20" Shadow Chrome Alloys
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
15-01-2012 12:10pm
Tony

(15-01-2012 12:10pm)mywillia Wrote:  Now that's interesting. Either Tony has a different policy wording or the call centre worker has made a classic mistake in Tony's favour. Tony, if you can remember, you now need to make a note of the date and time of that call and the person you spoke to, if you can remember their name. In your specific case they cannot now say you are not covered for your sunroof during this term of insurance! You asked a specific question and received an answer on which your decision to purchase their insurance was taken. That call WAS recorded and if anything happens to your sunroof during your current insurance period and they try to tell you you're not covered then you need to refer them to that call. They won't like it but they have to honour what their representative told you.

Thanks for the warning MW. Have just checked my policy document and it states 'We cover the loss of or damage to the windscreen, windows and glass sunroof - and damage to the bodywork which is caused by the broken glass'. My policy is with the 'Old' Land Rover Insurance through RSA, when the policy renews next month it will be through the new underwriters - so I will check ALL of the small print.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
15-01-2012 02:44pm
ytshome

(15-01-2012 02:44pm)Tony Wrote:  Thanks for the warning MW. Have just checked my policy document and it states 'We cover the loss of or damage to the windscreen, windows and glass sunroof - and damage to the bodywork which is caused by the broken glass'. My policy is with the 'Old' Land Rover Insurance through RSA, when the policy renews next month it will be through the new underwriters - so I will check ALL of the small print.

Tony

Hi Tony, I've heard from several that the old RSA LR policy was very good and cheap. I have to say that the new company are dreadful. Check everything first, they were the most unprofessional insurance company I have ever dealt with and I currently have a case being dealt with under the Insurance Ombudsman scheme in respect of their accidentally cancelling my policy by mistake having remembered to take my money first.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 15-01-2012 05:35pm by ytshome.)
15-01-2012 05:33pm
Tony

(15-01-2012 05:33pm)ytshome Wrote:  Hi Tony, I've heard from several that the old RSA LR policy was very good and cheap. I have to say that the new company are dreadful. Check everything first, they were the most unprofessional insurance company I have ever dealt with and I currently have a case being dealt with under the Insurance Ombudsman scheme in respect of their accidentally cancelling my policy by mistake having remembered to take my money first.

Just checked the 'New' LR insurance policy and as previously stated it does not cover the sun roof its also nearly £100 more (for me at any rate) than the old RSA policy for less cover all round. Had a quick look at SAGA as I am over 50 and early retired, they specifically exclude pano roofs.

I will call in at my local bank tomorrow and see what they offer, at least if there is a problem I can go in and 'beat someone up' so to speak rather than dealing through a call centre. Looks like the search is on after 10 years good service from LR-RSA.

Tony

15-01-2012 07:32pm
ytshome

(15-01-2012 07:32pm)Tony Wrote:  Just checked the 'New' LR insurance policy and as previously stated it does not cover the sun roof its also nearly £100 more (for me at any rate) than the old RSA policy for less cover all round. Had a quick look at SAGA as I am over 50 and early retired, they specifically exclude pano roofs.

I will call in at my local bank tomorrow and see what they offer, at least if there is a problem I can go in and 'beat someone up' so to speak rather than dealing through a call centre. Looks like the search is on after 10 years good service from LR-RSA.

Tony

Good luck Tony, I think the problem is that LR did the deal directly with a reputable Insurance company in the first instance and more recently changed to dealing with a broker, who are then looking at Insurance Companies in a different way than perhaps we would. For me the problem was that I took out a policy for one car, sold it after six months and amended my policy. They accidentally cancelled it, even though they'd taken nearly £200 from me to amend it. Then the problem came because they changed Insurers and the old company who I'd been with (and who they effectively sacked) didn't want to offer any "Good Will" and the new company wanted the full payment, which JLR Insurance didn't feel like coughing up.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
15-01-2012 07:42pm
DT

I wonder if this could be a common problem as when I went to test drive a demo with pan roof it was off the road because the roof was cracked
16-01-2012 10:16pm