Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Cost of first service.
nyssa7

RE: Cost of first service.

They were offering that in March but then declined me as I already had too good a deal from them! So looking for a decent package before its too late to buy one
04-05-2013 10:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(04-05-2013 06:54pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  Stratstone are offering 5-years service for £199 on new Evoques except petrol and special editions (claining it to be 'exclusive' to them).

I would read the small print extremely carefully, that price falls into the "too good to be true" category, although £40 a time for 5 service indicator resets is too bad a price I suppose ............. But you can get that for free by reading the forum!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 09:37am by XFullFatTim.)
05-05-2013 09:35am
Donny Dog

(05-05-2013 09:35am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I would read the small print extremely carefully, that price falls into the "too good to be true" category, although £40 a time for 5 service indicator resets is too bad a price I suppose ............. But you can get that for free by reading the forum!

This is the wording in the e-mail 'flyer':

"Exclusive to Stratstone.

All new Range Rover Evoque purchased from Stratstone* can enjoy 5 Years manufacturer scheduled servicing for just a single payment of £199 with our Range Rover Evoque VIP Service Pack, only available from Stratstone, at time of purchase.

This means your servicing needs are covered for the next 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever is reached first. Fixed cost, inflation proof servicing, service history stamped and fully transferable if you sell your vehicle before taking all your services - which can enhance the resale value of your Range Rover Evoque".

I couldn't find any 'small print' or exclusions (other than it not applying to petrol engines, which is what the asterisk refers to) - maybe they see it as an alternative way to provide a discount (it's about £1,500 worth of services so equivalent to a £1,300 discount). Plus they will get your guaranteed custom when it comes to parts required which are not included in the service.

When you look at how much they overcharge in the first place (I get my SL500 serviced for less!), the 'saving' would not actually cost them anything like the £1,300.
05-05-2013 11:07pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Go for it, although it does say it is only if taken "at time of purchase" . I've had no invites to take out any service contracts on mine but I have had 5 invitations to take out a scheme for my last FFRR that I traded in against the Evoque ! That car would now be 3 years old.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-05-2013 09:01am
Donny Dog

(06-05-2013 09:01am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Go for it, although it does say it is only if taken "at time of purchase" . I've had no invites to take out any service contracts on mine but I have had 5 invitations to take out a scheme for my last FFRR that I traded in against the Evoque ! That car would now be 3 years old.

I've already got an Evoque, so it's not available to me (sadly!). I only posted it on here for members' information in response to the opening poster's question.
06-05-2013 09:18am
speary

Are you sure it isnt £199 per service fixed for the next 5 years ?
At 199 for 5 services that equates to £40 per service. The oil costs at least £60 + filters + labour etc etc...

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
07-05-2013 02:28pm
WB
WB

I bet this is only offered to folks that are paying full price for their cars so this is effectively an alternative to a discount...
07-05-2013 05:24pm
sBell

(07-05-2013 05:24pm)WB Wrote:  I bet this is only offered to folks that are paying full price for their cars so this is effectively an alternative to a discount...
WB you are right I contacted the dealer I got mine from and low and behold they say as I got a discount at time of purchase I do not qualify so guess which dealer isn't getting my business for servicing now
07-05-2013 09:13pm
KaDargo

I see they have launched the 5 year 'Approved Service Pack' for £499.

Would be a nice move to offer this retrospectively Very Happy

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
09-05-2013 01:21pm
WorldTraveler

Scrapstone Newcastle "offered" to perform a 1st service on my TD4 for the tidy sum of £340, (and they badgered me every week for month to book it in !!! ) needless to say I went elswhere and got the same level of service for £220 ...oh, and a free Courtesy car for the day at NO extra cost.

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
09-05-2013 02:04pm