Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Cost of first service.
speary

RE: Cost of first service.

(22-07-2013 08:34pm)JimWooly Wrote:  I don't know how LR can justify the prices charged for servicing. I have just had my first service carried out by an Audi garage on a Audi TT TDi Quattro. The service is required at 2 years or 18,000 miles (2 years in my case), the cost including the pollen filter and recharging/cleaning the AirCon was £330 that works out at a cost of £165 per year which is significantly less than LR charges for the Evoque's anual service.

Its a money making rip off. I would love to see Landover's justification for an annual service irrespective of mileage compared to Audi, BMW etc.

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
23-07-2013 08:51am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kentboy

Pretty peed off having paid a whopping £1200 for a four year plan with Guy Salmon. First service after only 3000 miles maybe its a BMW next time!

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
27-07-2013 09:55pm
Rootsboy

Cost of first service.

[IMG]http://[/IMG]yy

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
29-07-2013 11:07am
DaveR

Re: Cost of first service.

Just been quoted £318 by Williams in Manchester.

I'm waiting for Guy Salmon in Stockport to call me back with a price but going off there past performance when i tried to buy a car I'll still be waiting this time next year for them.
08-08-2013 05:10pm
speary

My brother had just had his 2nd service at 30,000 miles on his Freelander 2 SD4. Hunters in Preston charged him £560 which included a brake fluid change and an aircon clean ShockedShockedShocked
Ridiculous if you ask me, unfortunately he didn't shop around but I am sure I know where I wont be going for my 2nd service Confused

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
10-09-2013 01:45pm
Daigriff

Mine was in two weeks ago for some work and hunters Chester were offering servicing plans for existing cars, but monthly payment would depend on current age, mileage, and anticipated annual mileage.
Mine worked out to be over £50 per month but my 2nd service is due in December.

The service plan is transferable to another LR car if you change but not to a new owner if you sell.

Anyone know the cost of a second service?

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
10-09-2013 06:06pm
dycampbell

(10-09-2013 06:06pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Mine was in two weeks ago for some work and hunters Chester were offering servicing plans for existing cars, but monthly payment would depend on current age, mileage, and anticipated annual mileage.
Mine worked out to be over £50 per month but my 2nd service is due in December.

The service plan is transferable to another LR car if you change but not to a new owner if you sell.

Anyone know the cost of a second service?

I am glad I read this thread on servicing I took out a servicing plan when I bought the Evoque in January and its due its first service next month but after reading this I called Pentland and the cost of the First service is £228.17 and the second Service is £330.97 so under the service plan with EMAC it was costing me £1,264.00 for 3 services but paying the dealer direct for the 3 services is £788.51 a saving of £476.
Had to pay. £25.00 cancellation fee but worth it in the end as I get all the payments I have made so far back
05-11-2013 11:34am
Tulabb

I managed to get £280 from guy salmon portsmouth (my original dealer) today. They are not my local...my local is only 5 minutes away but if I am making the savings its worth the 25 min drive!
05-11-2013 11:58am